Interior Cabins

brytyje3

Hello - we are thinking of our first cruise on FOS. Will be myself and 3 children (ages 15, 10 & 8) traveling with Grandma. We are trying to stay in the affordable range - I'm still trying to figure out the Interior room layouts with the pullman beds. Are they crowded? I want to go with connecting so that we have 2 bathrooms. Any feedback would be appreciated.

our first cruise was an inside cabin with 5 of us- It was doable coz we had a plan and kept the cabin somewhat organized. Once the cabin gets cluttered it will close in around you.

You will have to get the kids cooperation in this too,

Unpack everything--do not live out of suitcases.

Put dirty clothes into an empty suitcase which are all stored under the beds.

Nothing laying on the vanity- everything gets hung up--or put away.

An over the door shoe holder for the bathroom door is what kept my sanity.

we had one on the outside for beach stuff and ship stuff- and one in the inside.. for bathroom stuff.

cruise cards were on lanyards which get hung up.

Inside cabins are extremly dark-24 hours a day. take an alarm clock or your body still thinks its night and stay asleep a lot of your cruise away.

Its your first cruise-- you ahev nothing to compare it to--- go for it.

Put dirty clothes into an empty suitcase which are all stored under the beds.

I find it too much work to get in and out of suitcases constatantly. We bring ordinary plastic bags from the grocery store empty. We put our dirty clothes in the bags so we know which socks etc are the dirty clothes. The bag can fit in the bottom of the closet floor. If we put dirty clothes loose in a suitcase we would get confused as other things wind up going into the suitcases, stuff we buy etc. Plastic bags are easy to pack empty and work well for us.

• 2 weeks later...

We took our granddaughters on a trip to Disney World a few years ago, our daughter put all of our 8 year olds DGD's clothes in zip lock bags - every day she just picked a bag and it had underwear, socks, shorts and a top. She always matched beautifully and it took very little space in the suitcase and in the hotel drawers. Might help a little with space.

Archived