PVP Question

Marfa53

I had never booked directly through Carnival before (used a local TA), but after all the great things I've read here, decided to try it.

Now I am not sure about it. I have called twice to tell her I've received e-mails from other places with equal prices to what she told me was my "special past cruiser" price. She said if I wanted to change my reservation to one of them to feel free to do so. I mentioned that they were also offering OBC and a coupon book. No response, just silence.

Is this what I should expect? She doesn't seem all that interested in my business at all. Should I ask for a new PVP or transfer my reservation as she suggests? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've never booked thru a PVP, but I do know that if you are not satisfied with the current PVP you are more than welcome to switch PVPs or as the current PVP told you...You are more than welcome to switch to one of those TAs that is sending you the coupons.

Speaking of coupons...Are they from TAs or directly from Carnival?

If they are from TAs...more than likely it's an "inside" promotion that the TA is doing.(a PVP works directly for Carnival & a TA is independant & does NOT work directly for Carnival.)

I guess my first question is what are you trying to achieve with your current PVP? If you are trying to get the OBC and the coupon book well the PVP probably can't match those due to they might not have that to offer. If you are wanting a lower price again they might not be able to match that due to Carnival pricing. It would help us to help you to know what you are wanting and then we might be able to give you a better opinion of what would help you most.

I'm only guessing here, but....the PVP is Not obligated to "match" any offer other than another direct Carnival promotion.(as a matter of fact I'm not sure that they could match any one else's even if they wanted to.)

So, it looks like you have to make a decision...do you want the perks that the other guys are offering & may not be eligible for price drops or do you want to go with Carnival that might be a bit more expensive right now, but at least if the price drops you'll be able to get the lower price or OBC later?

Thank you for your answers. I was hoping for an deck upgrade (we're in an inside cabin on the Main deck) or OCB. Didn't realize that was unrealistic. Guess I'll keep watching prices and decide before my last payment is due.

Just make sure the price you are comparing the PVP price too has everything included. I ran into this and the PVP we use is great it took him about and hour to figure out what the other place was doing to lower the price but when he did I was saving $2 per booking. Just my two cents...

If I'm not mistaken...I think Carnival just had a free Upgrade sale or maybe it's coming up on the 28th.(I'm sure someone will correct me....oh, maybe it was for NEW bookings.)

Anyway...just continue to keep an eye on things & go from there.

Sorry, I couldn't be much help.

In the past, the PVPs I've dealt with helped me get OBCs, and room upgrades. BUT, this is only after doing my homework on these boards for discount codes, and checking CCL site for the latest prices. Then, you have ammunition to fire at the PVP when asking for these deals. And if the PVP won't do it, ask for their supervisor. This usually gets the proper results. The best part of dealing with the PVP is you know your "results" right away, and not having to wait for a reply at some other date.;)

I'm only guessing here, but....the PVP is Not obligated to "match" any offer other than another direct Carnival promotion.(as a matter of fact I'm not sure that they could match any one else's even if they wanted to.)

My PVP always matches prices. Also what I have found with many of the web deals is that the very lowest of prices are for less desirable staterooms. Such as rooms with only bunks for two, not king size, or obstructed oceanviews or portholes instead of the full window. I'd post my PVP name and ext. if I knew it was allowed. He always goes out of his way to make sure we get the best deal and the best stateroom in our catagory.

I adore my carnival rep.. and i use her every time.. she knows the ships.. she knows what to recommend.. she looks out for me.. and i've never felt like I was less than "fantastic"..

I do use a TA.. if i am sailing with disney.. or maybe even some other.. but, i like to find one person and always work with them..

I have my gal for Carnival and I couldn't be happier..

My PVP will always match prices. There was one cruise she changed mine 3 or 4 times. I just e-mail her a copy of the deal and she matches it. If you are not happy ask for another PVP because you want to be able to work with this person for a long time and on many cruises. Elizabeth Bustomonte is like a life long friend. She is excited to hear about how everthing went and is excited if she can find me a better deal.

I must be crazy!! All I did was did my own hunting around and booked on-line with Carnival. I've never seen a lower price. Some gal called and left her name and number in case we ever needed anything.

Don't need anything...see ya at the dock. So simple.:rolleyes:

Many times, you will not see the lower prices, free upgrades, etc, because the TA, PVP or any other human being assisting you needs to add the fare code manually.

Archived