Universe lounge on Coral

newsman

We're looking into a Panama Canal cruise in November on the Coral Princess, which would be our first time on Princess. We are considering balcony cabins E736 or 737, the most aft cabins above the second level of the Universe Lounge. Can anyone tell me what types of shows they have in the Universe, and if anyone has been in one of the aft cabins on Emerald deck, what the sound level is like at night.

I've had E708, 710, 725 and next week I'm in 704. The Universe isn't used every night, and when it is, the shows or movies are over fairly early. The only time we heard anything from below was one "sock hop" kind of party, and we could faintly make out the bass end of the music, but it wasn't obnoxious. Most of the big production shows are up front in the Princess Theatre. They do bingo, lectures and culinary demos during the day in the Universe, none of which are particularly noisy. We LOVE these cabins - bet you will, too!

Cheers,

Kirsten

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on the length of your cruise..it will most likely be DEAD after the late dinner seating is over.

We just got off the Island Princess and the entire ship was empty and DEAD as soon as the late show ended.

We walked around several nights and thought the ship was empty..went to the Explorer's lounge which is AFT and there was 4 of us there.

Archived