Bingo dobbers sp?

FloridaLaura

Does Carnival use the Bingo Dobbers or is it the tear off cards like Royal Caribbean uses? I hope it is the dobbers, I had such a hard time on RCI cruise tearing off the little buggers. I was on Princess and they used dobbers, it was so nice, except I would forget mine in the cabin and had to buy a new one each time :) This time I will pack mine and try to remember it if they use it on Carnival

TIA

Laura

Thanks for the replies, I guess I can leave my dobbers at home :(

I hope I have better luck bending the "chads" on CCL than RCI, they would not punch for anything, I kept getting behind and then stressing over it, geeze I will need another cruise just to relax after playing bingo lol

Here's what I do, since they are making those push in and fold back cards harder and harder to punch in: while I'm waiting for them to start, I punch through all the numbers on all of the cards without folding them--just to get the numbers loose enough to fold back during the game. Then I don't have to worry about tearing the numbers when I'm rushing to keep up during the game.

When we were on the Imagination it cost $10 for one card and $20 for three cards. They generally played a game in the morning/afternoon and then before the shows. It was fun even though I never won.:) The prizes were usually at least a couple of hundred dollars.

Yes, the bingo cards are still $10/one card $20/three cards. I'm not sure if bingo is offered daily or not. They definitely have it on sea days. The cash prizes are embarrassingly tiny compared to the money they take it at one game. The "win a free cruise" bingo is normally the last sea day--don't miss that one :) Yes, my kids have been playing bingo on the ships for years, no problem. I'm just not sure if they can claim a prize without an adult accompanying them.

How much does it cost to play bingo on the ships? And what are the prizes like? Do they play everyday at certain times only? All the info you can give will be most helpful.

Trust me! Carnival will not let you forget that its time to play BINGO. It will be in the ships paper and the CD will announce it during nap time over the public address system.

Trust me! Carnival will not let you forget that its time to play BINGO. It will be in the ships paper and the CD will announce it during nap time over the public address system.

Our CD never announced bingo over the public system, so maybe it depends on the ship.

Our CD never announced bingo over the public system, so maybe it depends on the ship.

Ahh, the never ending dilemma of the CD. Too many announcements people complain, not enough announcements people complain they miss activities. :cool:

P.S. Charming I wasn't saying you were complaining, just making a general point.

Ahh, the never ending dilemma of the CD. Too many announcements people complain, not enough announcements people complain they miss activities. :cool:

P.S. Charming I wasn't saying you were complaining, just making a general point.

Just did an MSC cruise. Not an overabundance of announcements, but every one in six languages.

Dan

Does Carnival use the Bingo Dobbers or is it the tear off cards like Royal Caribbean uses? I hope it is the dobbers, I had such a hard time on RCI cruise tearing off the little buggers. I was on Princess and they used dobbers, it was so nice, except I would forget mine in the cabin and had to buy a new one each time :) This time I will pack mine and try to remember it if they use it on Carnival

TIA

Laura

Carnival has the Fold back ones. Do not tear them because if you do they become invalid.

Fred

Archived