Cabins on Caribbean Princess

Want the Sun

Check out the deck plans and you should be able to see just how obstructed your view might be. Some staterooms aren't as bad as others and the view can be semi obstructed to almost totally obstructed.

Just an idea but you might post your cabin number and possibly someone else has had that actual cabin in the past and can give you some first hand info since not all have the same type of obstructed view in the same category. ;)

We have a cabin with a "obstructed view" oceanview room. It has the little boats in front of the window. Has any one had this room?? How did you find it?

Do you mean the itty bitty boat or the lifeboats? We were with the itty bitty boat and pics are posted - search for E416, E418 - I posted two pics of it.

SS Ocean Lover....thanks. DO you have anymore pictures of the rest of the room? We are just up from that room.

Sorry they weren't my pics. I was just posting the link. I didn't take any pictures of the room.

I bought a new digital camera for the trip and left it locked in the safe most of the trip. :(

Bill

We have a cabin with a "obstructed view" oceanview room. It has the little boats in front of the window. Has any one had this room?? How did you find it?

Where's your cabin? We had E228 and 230 and they were hardly obstructed at all. Full ocean view except for the work platforms; no lifeboat obstruction.

Pia

No noise from deck below. Here are the pics again. We stayed in E416 and took a pic of E418 that someone posted above but it is E418 that their link goes to and not E416. That is the itty bitty boat out the window that you see on the deck plans and on pics of the outside of the boat. These are FF categories and yes we would definitely book again. It would be the same on the port side of the ship for those two cabins. You can't beat them as the E's are generally higher. Also they didn't use this boat but they did go out and do something because when we opened the curtains there was a dummy they left out.

10-28-2006-023.jpg.3121805b3dfc1eab6e0d7d296e623e35.jpg

How about E421, anyone? My TA says "fully obstructed" :o

and I don't think so.

I agree with you, not your TA. Princess lists these cabins as fully obstructed, so not really the fault of the TA. She's just mimicing them.

Pia

Another question, how do you get those little pictures of the count down to you holiday??

At the top of the Cruise Critic boards page, there's a menu bar in a pale peach color; the items start with "User CP" (which is where you can go to put a signature for all your posts, which you'll need to do to use a countdown ticker), and the fourth one is "Countdown Clocks".

I recommend having two windows open at the same time, one with the "Edit Signature" option within "User CP" open, and the other with "Countdown Clocks" open, as you'll need to copy the code generated within the Countdown Clock process into your signature.

Where's your cabin? We had E228 and 230 and they were hardly obstructed at all. Full ocean view except for the work platforms; no lifeboat obstruction.

Pia

That's great news. My sister and I have those cabins for our November cruise.

For my May cruise, I was assigned E630. Anyone know how obstructed this one is?

I'm new to Princess. I just booked cabins E519 and 521. Those seem to be behind one of the larger lifeboats. There are some photos of several Emerald Deck obstructed cabins on the member site of cruisestateroom.com. Some have boats below the window and some obstruct more of the window. There also may be davits or other equipment in sight. It looks like its hit or miss. It looked like all of them had plenty of sun coming in. In any case, the price was right.

That's great news. My sister and I have those cabins for our November cruise.

For my May cruise, I was assigned E630. Anyone know how obstructed this one is?

630 appears to be fully obstructed, though there will always be light coming in.

I'm new to Princess. I just booked cabins E519 and 521. Those seem to be behind one of the larger lifeboats. There are some photos of several Emerald Deck obstructed cabins on the member site of cruisestateroom.com. Some have boats below the window and some obstruct more of the window. There also may be davits or other equipment in sight. It looks like its hit or miss. It looked like all of them had plenty of sun coming in. In any case, the price was right.

519 will be much lighter than 521 and perhaps have some ocean visibility too. Price is right and you're cruising. Everything else is meaningless. :)

Pia

519 will be much lighter than 521 and perhaps have some ocean visibility too. Price is right and you're cruising. Everything else is meaningless. :)

Pia

No question. We had balconies on our last two cruises and didn't get much use out of them. I don't think we'll miss them.