Documents Mail vs. Electronic??

ronkay

does anyone have opinions on benefits either way on this. I currently have it set for mail because I love coming home from work and finding that in the mail 30 or so days out. I want to pack right then. I am presently 32 days out and should recieve them the first week of March. I look online at my reservation and am so tempted to click on electronic docs to see them. Can I look online and print the electronic docs after receiving the docs in the mail?

does anyone have opinions on benefits either way on this. I currently have it set for mail because I love coming home from work and finding that in the mail 30 or so days out. I want to pack right then. I am presently 32 days out and should recieve them the first week of March. I look online at my reservation and am so tempted to click on electronic docs to see them. Can I look online and print the electronic docs after receiving the docs in the mail?

As soon as you do you are converted to E-docs. I figure it won't be long before paper is not an option anyway.

My travel agent WARNED me not to print my travel documents online. Mainly due to the luggage tag issue. Said they have had numerous problems with the luggage tags coming off the bags and having issues delivering the luggage once on board. I am sure it will be just a matter of time before this is mandatory but I myself am waiting for the mail documents.

We used e-docs last year and laminated the tags and had no problems. I am sure if anyone took the limp paper tags and tied them to their luggage, they would lose a few bags.

With that said, I love e-docs. As soon as I am paid in full, I can print and start getting excited.

But to each his own!!!

Enjoy your cruise. Wish we were only 32 days out!

We are 39 days out and called today to check on document status for our group of 40. The Carnival rep told us that as of February 1st, all documents will be electronic. She said this is a cost saving measure and that there will be no more paper documents. NOW, I don't know if this is just for large groups - I didn't ask. All I can tell you is that an hour ago, we were instructed that we would have to contact each member of our group and tell them that on Friday, March 7th, they will be able to access their documents online and will have to print them out. NOTHING will be mailed.

PLEASE - don't jump on me!!! I'm just telling you what we were told within the past hour.

My travel agent WARNED me not to print my travel documents online. Mainly due to the luggage tag issue. Said they have had numerous problems with the luggage tags coming off the bags and having issues delivering the luggage once on board. I am sure it will be just a matter of time before this is mandatory but I myself am waiting for the mail documents.

We got mailed docs for our Destiny cruise last month, but the tags included in the package were just printed pages in the cruise booklet that we had to tear out and then affix to our luggage just like we would have done by printing them ourselves from edocs. No colored tags with elastic like they used to be.

we were instructed that we would have to contact each member of our group and tell them that on Friday, March 7th, they will be able to access their documents online and will have to print them out. NOTHING will be mailed.

That would be a huge jump of faith to expect this. I know plenty of people that do not know anything about computers and have never been on the internet.

Cruising on a ship is not exactly like and airline, where there is a e-ticket kiosk to retrieve your tickets from, by swiping a credit card.

I suspect this Carnival Rep doesn't really know. We hear that time and time again... if you don't get the answer you want, hang up and talk to someone else.

We've been dealing with this same Carnival rep for over a year - in the "group travel" department. When we call, we are always directed to her. Kind of hard to hang up and call back and get someone else. All I can tell you is that as of today, we're being instructed to notify all 40 guests in our party and inform them that NO PAPER DOCUMENTS will be mailed.

Don't know what other choices we have.

That would be a huge jump of faith to expect this. I know plenty of people that do not know anything about computers and have never been on the internet.

Cruising on a ship is not exactly like and airline, where there is a e-ticket kiosk to retrieve your tickets from, by swiping a credit card.

I suspect this Carnival Rep doesn't really know. We hear that time and time again... if you don't get the answer you want, hang up and talk to someone else.

My thoughts exactly.... My parents have been on 20 Carnival cruises and another 2 more planned. My mother wouldn't know the first thing about a computer, and email, an e-ticket or on-line anything!!!

Maybe the Carnival Reps will try pushing the e-ticket but I honestly can't see them doing away with them altogether....

Personally, I would want my tickets mailed to me....but, thats me....

We are 39 days out and called today to check on document status for our group of 40. The Carnival rep told us that as of February 1st, all documents will be electronic. She said this is a cost saving measure and that there will be no more paper documents. NOW, I don't know if this is just for large groups - I didn't ask. All I can tell you is that an hour ago, we were instructed that we would have to contact each member of our group and tell them that on Friday, March 7th, they will be able to access their documents online and will have to print them out. NOTHING will be mailed.

PLEASE - don't jump on me!!! I'm just telling you what we were told within the past hour.

Have you tried going online to look at your own individual booking? You might find that you may still have the option to choose paper docs.

My thoughts exactly.... My parents have been on 20 Carnival cruises and another 2 more planned. My mother wouldn't know the first thing about a computer, and email, an e-ticket or on-line anything!!!

Maybe the Carnival Reps will try pushing the e-ticket but I honestly can't see them doing away with them altogether....

Personally, I would want my tickets mailed to me....but, thats me....

We are a large group of 44 cabins.We leave on april 5th on the Glory. We all had tto do the e-docs. They didn't lets us have a choice. So as group leader I have been trying to make sure everyone knows .There was a letter with final invoce about doing your fun pass and e-docs but some people just don't get how to do it..

So maybe this is a group thing but we didn't get a choice either..

have a great day,

Carla

We are a large group of 44 cabins.We leave on april 5th on the Glory. We all had tto do the e-docs. They didn't lets us have a choice. So as group leader I have been trying to make sure everyone knows .There was a letter with final invoce about doing your fun pass and e-docs but some people just don't get how to do it..

So maybe this is a group thing but we didn't get a choice either..

have a great day,

Carla

Thanks Carla. We are also a group - leaving the same day - on the Glory. As the group leader, I'm in the same "boat" that you're in. We are not being given a choice. Everyone HAS to chose Electronic Documents. Today, we have sent email notifications to everyone, explaining exactly how to access their documents on March 7th (the date that Carnival has told us they will be able to be printed).

So...it sounds like this is something they are implementing at this time for GROUPS.

Have you tried going online to look at your own individual booking? You might find that you may still have the option to choose paper docs.

I check my individual booking almost every day. It continues to say "booking on hold". When I called and inquired, I was told that's because it's a group booking and it will remain "on hold" until the tickets are issued - which they tell us today will be on March 7th.

I always did want electronic documents, so I clicked that box for myself early on. I am now unable to change it.

I always did want electronic documents, so I clicked that box for myself early on. I am now unable to change it.

Carnival may kick me for telling you this but if you call the Air and Sea department they can change you back to paper docs if you really desire it. I called them today and they ordered my paper docs to be mailed out tomorrow. Electronic docs are convenient but for some of us it just doesn't work. When the day finally comes that we only have electronic docs as a choice then I will conform. :o

Carnival may kick me for telling you this but if you call the Air and Sea department they can change you back to paper docs if you really desire it. I called them today and they ordered my paper docs to be mailed out tomorrow. Electronic docs are convenient but for some of us it just doesn't work. When the day finally comes that we only have electronic docs as a choice then I will conform. :o

Thanks for the info. Personally, I don't mind the e-documents. It's some of the others in our group who wanted paper documents, and because of the group booking - we are being told that EVERYONE must use e-documents and that NOTHING will be mailed. From what I've read on other posts, this is a "group" ruling. We're having to conform NOW.

We like to do both.. Because we like the hard copy lugggage tags, and other aspects of mailed documents; but we also like the convenience of eDocs, so we always have done both.

The way to do this is to continue to click hard copy docs when accessing My Documents online, then after full payment, you will have access to your entire booking file online electronically. You can view your eDocs, print them or even save a copy to your computer. And you will still receive your mailed documents too because that is what you have selected..

We like to do both.. Because we like the hard copy lugggage tags, and other aspects of mailed documents; but we also like the convenience of eDocs, so we always have done both.

The way to do this is to continue to click hard copy docs when accessing My Documents online, then after full payment, you will have access to your entire booking file online electronically. You can view your eDocs, print them or even save a copy to your computer. And you will still receive your mailed documents too because that is what you have selected..

Again, from everything I'm learning today - it's different with a GROUP booking. We've all been paid in full since January, but none of us have been able to access our documents. According to Carnival, we can't access until they issue the tickets and that is scheduled for next Friday - March 7th. And according to our Carnival Group Rep today, no documents will be mailed to the Group Leader (me). (In January, I was told everything would be mailed to me). Everyone has to print their own documents. There are a few in our group who do not have internet access or printers. We're still trying to figure out how to help these people.

Archived