Bungee for Balcony room?

twopugs

I though that I saw a post about this (correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was an argument though I can't recall why....can't find it in the search)

We have a balcony room and would like to be able to leave the door open to get some fresh air. Is this what people use?

What do you normally hook it to?

Just back today from the Carnival Spirit. Yes be sure to take a bungee cord for your door. Hook it on the door handle and to the metal part of the divider to hold your door open all the way or you can put the chair or table in the door opening and it will keep the door open part way, BUT the bungee cord works great!!!

And don't forget, opening the door shuts off the air conditioning. If you have the balcony door open, try opening the door to the hallway (heh, heh!) and you'll find out what a NASA wind tunnel feels like! Just so you know!:rolleyes:

Just back today from the Carnival Spirit. Yes be sure to take a bungee cord for your door. Hook it on the door handle and to the metal part of the divider to hold your door open all the way or you can put the chair or table in the door opening and it will keep the door open part way, BUT the bungee cord works great!!!

Anyone have a photo of this? We took bungee cords on our last two cruises and couldn't for the life of us find anywhere on the divider to hook it onto. We were on Miracle -- maybe the dividers on some ships are designed differently?

And don't forget, opening the door shuts off the air conditioning.

Apparently, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Hasn't been the case for us.

Anyone have a photo of this? We took bungee cords on our last two cruises and couldn't for the life of us find anywhere on the divider to hook it onto. We were on Miracle -- maybe the dividers on some ships are designed differently?

Apparently, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Hasn't been the case for us.

I do have a photo of our door with the bungee on it, give me a day and I will try to post it on here or send me your email and I can email to you.

The AC goes off on Legend. We have never taken a bungee, just used the wedge that the steward uses. We have experienced the wind tunnel effect, and have learned to close the balcony before opening the hall door.:eek:

And I read you can use a magnet (Where do you place it) and it won't shut off the air; is this correct?

Yes, you are supposed to be able to place a magnet on certain part of the door but for us we never did figure out just where to place it. Half the time the air did not go off...

The AC goes off on Legend. We have never taken a bungee, just used the wedge that the steward uses. We have experienced the wind tunnel effect, and have learned to close the balcony before opening the hall door.:eek:

And make sure all those advertisements for 'gold by the inch', the art auction, and jackpot bingo, etc. are not laying around your cabin, or they'll end up outside in the hallway!

So, does the bungee cord need to be a certain length? Don't want to take one that's too short! That would be my luck:D We have a 7A (obstructed view) on the Spirit if that matters.

Sherry

We carry a three foot bungee! Works great! :D Three more days and I can hear the ocean as I dream, I love it :) I love it!

Luv's Crusin'

Everytime someone talks about bringing a bungee cord for a balcony, I just have visions of people using the cord to jump off the balcon and bugee over the water. Don't know why, since I know that's not what people mean, but everyime I see the questions about bungees, that's what I imagine.

Everytime someone talks about bringing a bungee cord for a balcony, I just have visions of people using the cord to jump off the balcon and bugee over the water. Don't know why, since I know that's not what people mean, but everyime I see the questions about bungees, that's what I imagine.

LMAO :D

On past cruises I have at times propped the balcony door open and I've posted mostly over on the HAL board since I've done 3 of those, Carnival 2 coming up, but, boy, this topic is a very hot button topic over there. People have gotten crucified for saying they've left the balcony door open because supposedly it screws up the air conditioning, not just for that cabin but for all of them linked to the same system down the hallway. I've read some VERY elaborate posts over there about what it does, but I couldn't explain it if you paid me right now. Anyway, I do love to hear the ocean at night while in bed, especially since we are going to be and have been in the past in the aft facing cabins. Love it! Surprised no one here has made this kind of comment about open doors and ac over here. Happy Sailing!

If you going for the nice cool ocean air at night it's best to have the balcony door open all the way not just with a chair. As for it screwing up the air for cabins all the way down the hall, hmmmmm there were lot's of other door's being held open and our air worked just fine. Also our room steward even tried to make a funny a comment about smart to use a bungee cord...lol

In MHO I think if it really screwed up the air for others then they would come up with some type of a system to let the room steward know it is open longer than a couple minutes.

Just a note, my daughter has 3 friends that all work/worked different ships and all of them say it doesn't mess the air up for others...

On our Victory cruise, our steward overheard us talking about using a bungee cord. We were just checking out our room and the hall door was still open. He said, "Oh no! No bungee jumping!" That set the tone for the week. He was the best steward ever, always had something funny to say.

Archived