All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

What is the Ben & Jerry's cabin???

On the Freedom class only, there is a promenade view cabin that has it's view blocked by the sign for Ben & Jerry's. Basically you get a view from the room of the back of 2 cows. So the room is decorated in a cow motif and the occupants get ice cream from Ben & Jerry's as a treat.

We are also new to RCCL after 10 Carnival cruises. Just booked AOS for Jan 2009. We got a hump cabin also...will this cabin have a refrigerator in it?

All cabins on the AOS have minifridges.

Sorry, but the rep was wrong with that info. Only if you book a Grand Suite or above or a Diamond/Diamond+ member. I do understand if you have the cow butt cabin that you are afforded free ice cream.

Welcome to RCI

My friend had concierge access because they had the B & J butt room, so..........

On the Freedom class only, there is a promenade view cabin that has it's view blocked by the sign for Ben & Jerry's. Basically you get a view from the room of the back of 2 cows. So the room is decorated in a cow motif and the occupants get ice cream from Ben & Jerry's as a treat.

Would anyone know what cabins are the moo-rooms :p ??? I have 2 PR cabins booked for Jan 2009

Thanks

I just found some info regarding the moo-room, it is on deck 6. Guess I don't have it as we are staying on deck 8. Darn, now I have to use my seapass for BJ's :D

Just returned... thanks for all the earlier posts!

I'd definitely say:

1. book private lessons for flowrider for 1st or 2nd night AND last night. We booked early arrival day for 2nd night out. Checked later in week and nights were available... but we sat on the fence too long. It did completely book up... and on the last night... I think it would have been a fabulous way to end the cruise! We missed out... but maybe you can enjoy it then!

They offer private lessons? Interesting. Is there a charge for this?

Where do you go to book these lessons?

erin1998, thanks so much for posting those pictures! Most of the Liberty-at-Labadee pictures I've seen have been cloudy and overcast, but it looks beautiful there in your photos! I'm leaving this Saturday (two days!) for a western Caribbean cruise on the Liberty; I'll be in Labadee next Monday. I'm so excited!

Thanks again for sharing the pictures,

Erica

It appears that Liberty's current captain is not using dynamic positioning, instead he is going for the old anchoring method. She needs some painting below the anchor housing :). I don't know why but I really hate to see this :mad:, she's been like this for the past few months.

2462388289_2a2bca43b4_o.jpg

Good evening,

erries, I am soooo jealous that you are leaving on saturday. Like I said in my last post, we were just on the Liberty last week doing the western.....and I miss her already. We had sooo much fun and the weather was perfect. It was hot and sunny every day. Have lots of fun and I hope your weather is as great as ours was!

Thank you ChristieNJ....the next 6 months are going to fly by quickly. And I think the planning and preparations before the cruise are almost as much fun!

Erin

We're on the Liberty 5/31 for our first Western Caribbean cruise! We're from Calif. so we've only done Mexico before. Needless to say, we are very excited!

Our flight back on 6/7 is not until 4:30 pm. The thought of not having to deal with our luggage, and being dropped at the airport after the tour is appealing to us, so we were thinking of booking one of the ship's Miami excursions. Our choices are the Everglades Tour and the South Beach/Island Queen tour.

Anyone know the details about either one, or recommend either one?

TIA. 16 days and counting! :)

erries, I am soooo jealous that you are leaving on saturday. Like I said in my last post, we were just on the Liberty last week doing the western.....and I miss her already. We had sooo much fun and the weather was perfect. It was hot and sunny every day. Have lots of fun and I hope your weather is as great as ours was!

Thanks so much, Erin! We're leaving this evening to drive up to Pittsburgh and spend the night at the hotel connected to the airport... then we're flying out tomorrow morning from Pittsburgh to Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale, then catching the shuttle to Miami. It'll be a long day, but I can't wait! I've never been on anything bigger than the Mariner, so I can't wait to explore the Liberty. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the work day today, ha ha.

Erica

Thanks so much, Erin! We're leaving this evening to drive up to Pittsburgh and spend the night at the hotel connected to the airport... then we're flying out tomorrow morning from Pittsburgh to Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale, then catching the shuttle to Miami. It'll be a long day, but I can't wait! I've never been on anything bigger than the Mariner, so I can't wait to explore the Liberty. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the work day today, ha ha.

Erica

Have a great cruise!!!!!!!!

Depending on when you cruise, the Everglades tour MIGHT NOT be available. We are in a major fire hazard time in Florida and as of this morning the Everglades are burning. The major problem would be the smoke! We live in Sarasota and the smoke is making it this far right now. It is only 10% contained at the moment. Until we get more rain, you might want to consider another option just in case.

Two questions about food......

1.Do any of the lounges/bars serve chicken wings to munch on while having a beer.

2. Is there a place to get "free" ice cream.....I know there is a Ben and Jerry but the daughter just wants plain Chocolate ice cream every day.

Thanks

Two questions about food......

1.Do any of the lounges/bars serve chicken wings to munch on while having a beer.

2. Is there a place to get "free" ice cream.....I know there is a Ben and Jerry but the daughter just wants plain Chocolate ice cream every day.

Thanks

Hi FormerDCL!

I always have my drinks by the pool so I am not sure what they serve elsewhere. I know there are NOT munchies at the Schooner Bar and Bolero's. But you can always run to Sorrento's or Cafe Promenade to grab a munchie!

Out by the pool there are self-serve frozen yogurt machines, in different flavors. It is SOOO YUMMY!!!!!

P.S. What's the story behind your screenname?? No longer sailing with Disney, are we? lol :D

Thanks for the quick responses and warm welcomes! I had read that the Ben and Jerry's cabin also provided access to the concierge lounge, and the sales rep confirmed it. She said I could use the concierge to book spa appts, and that they offer continental breakfast and snacks before dinner. I was most interested if it would provide us a place to go upon boarding or while waiting until disembarkment, since these are sure to be crazy Easter week. Also, was wondering if they would let all four of us in, or just the two booked for that cabin.

As an aside, will we need to get extra keys made to allow a cabin switch since we currently have one adult and one child in each cabin? This is what we've done on Carnival.

We just got off the Liberty yesterday. My father booked a promenade room (I believe it was 6305) so my son could watch parades but he ended up getting the Ben and Jerry's room so we couldn't watch the parades. He did have concierge access as a bonus to getting this room. He was able to use the concierge lounge during the week and went to the deck tour offered for concierge. It was a nice bonus for him and he enjoyed it! He got the keycard for concierge, Free Ben and Jerry's once a day, he had a fruit basket the day he got there and cheese and fruit a couple of other nights left for him.

Enjoy, it was a wonderful cruise!!

Depending on when you cruise, the Everglades tour MIGHT NOT be available. We are in a major fire hazard time in Florida and as of this morning the Everglades are burning. The major problem would be the smoke! We live in Sarasota and the smoke is making it this far right now. It is only 10% contained at the moment. Until we get more rain, you might want to consider another option just in case.

We sail on 5/31. I had heard of the fires there, but didn't really know the locations. Thanks for the info.

P.S. What's the story behind your screenname?? No longer sailing with Disney, are we? lol :D

After 8 cruises on DCL there prices are just too high for basiclly the same itenerary. We love DCL and will probably go again when the new ships come on line 2010 and 2011. Until then I think my 2 teens are ready for something different.

After 8 cruises on DCL there prices are just too high for basiclly the same itenerary. We love DCL and will probably go again when the new ships come on line 2010 and 2011. Until then I think my 2 teens are ready for something different.

Gotcha! :)