All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

HI

I am hoping to book on the Liberty of the Seas for Sept / Oct 2015. I have never cruised with RCI before so am completely new to it all ( usually sail with DCL ) . Is there any place I can find out about the best cabins to book ... thinking about an ocean view / verandah but don't want to be above or below anywhere too noisy. May even book an inside cabin if they are fairly spacious as we have always sailed in inside cabins on DCL and found them to be great as we don't spend a lot of time actually in the cabins, and with the cruise we are looking at being very port intensive I am not sure that we would get good value out of the verandah. Are there any decks / cabin areas to avoid for noise as I am such a light sleeper. Thank you.

HI

I am hoping to book on the Liberty of the Seas for Sept / Oct 2015. I have never cruised with RCI before so am completely new to it all ( usually sail with DCL ) . Is there any place I can find out about the best cabins to book ... thinking about an ocean view / verandah but don't want to be above or below anywhere too noisy. May even book an inside cabin if they are fairly spacious as we have always sailed in inside cabins on DCL and found them to be great as we don't spend a lot of time actually in the cabins, and with the cruise we are looking at being very port intensive I am not sure that we would get good value out of the verandah. Are there any decks / cabin areas to avoid for noise as I am such a light sleeper. Thank you.

I would choose decks 7, 8, or 9 so you have staterooms above and below you.

Subscribing to remind myself to go back and read though this thread. We are sailing in mid-December and I am interested in what may change in terms of entertainment post repo. We've been advised that both entertainment and specialty dining bookings won't be available until 60 days prior to sailing (sorry if this has been mentioned previously).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I will be on the Liberty in 123 days!!! I've been on all voyager class...will the LOS seem much bigger?? I am so excited!!! I have my daughter's wedding in May so after that I can relax and concentrate on the cruise.:D

It will be bigger than the Voyager class. We had been on the Liberty in December 2013.

Edited by collinH45

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We'll be sailing end of July for a 10 day and one of the stops are to St. Marteen. Really want to do the horseback riding there but, i have a 6 year old and age limit says 8. Would they allow the younger ones to ride the horse together with an adult? Would appreciate the feedback.

Edited by Luv2Cruise1980

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
We'll be sailing end of July for a 10 day and one of the stops are to St. Marteen. Really want to do the horseback riding there but, i have a 6 year old and age limit says 8. Would they allow the younger ones to ride the horse together with an adult? Would appreciate the feedback.

Generally, they will NOT allow riding double. Too much liability and bad for the horses.

Apologies for not reading entire thread, but....

Can any cruisers that have sailed the Liberty of the seas, tell me whether you can/do.... book the shows ( ice show, etc.) online or on ship....or how these are handled (by muster station?).

Thanks in advance;)

The new policy (as of most recent cruise)-- no online reservations. Just show up and line up. They "recommend" by dinner seating but not required.

• 1 month later...