All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

We have sailed a lot on the Liberty and there has never been a magnifying mirror in any of the cabins we have had but the one I take with me. ;) That is one thing I would never leave at home ;).

You are going to love the Liberty. She really is a beautiful ship.

Kathy, looks like we are the same in that. Never leave home without it.:rolleyes:

Laura

The adult pools.. we are traveling with our 17 and 14 year old kids. Will they be able to go to the Solarium area with us? They are quite mature and wouldn't bother anyone.

I think the age requirement might be 16 (not 18) but I'm not 100% sure. However, they do not have people checking IDs or Seapass cards when you go in. As long as they are quiet you shouldn't have a problem.

They might not want to hang out there all that much--it is VERY quiet lol and the main pool area is a ton of fun for kids, teenagers, and yoiung adults.

I think the age requirement might be 16 (not 18) but I'm not 100% sure. However, they do not have people checking IDs or Seapass cards when you go in. As long as they are quiet you shouldn't have a problem.

They might not want to hang out there all that much--it is VERY quiet lol and the main pool area is a ton of fun for kids, teenagers, and yoiung adults.

Thanks--good to know!!

This is a picture of the sign in front of the pool in the Solarium saying "Adults Only".

Solarium

Other than that, I didn't see other signs saying kids are not allowed to stay at the Solarium.

It is not really enforced, but the pool area does stay very quiet, and if kids are being noisy or disruptive someone will complain. However, the main pool area really is a ton of fun--lots of music, games, etc. There are also quieter areas a bit away from the music where you can still enjoy the fun of the main pool area but have a little more peace and quiet.

The adult pools.. we are traveling with our 17 and 14 year old kids. Will they be able to go to the Solarium area with us? They are quite mature and wouldn't bother anyone.
The 17 year old is allowed, but the 16 year old is not.

I just sailed with two 16-year olds, and they did enjoy the adult pool atmosphere. Once a staff person asked them about their age, and when they said -- honestly -- that they were 16, they weren't harassed in any way.

I spent a good bit of time in the Solarium pool area, and I did not see people violating this policy.

Edited by MrsPete

• 5 weeks later...

I'm all booked, and other arrangements made and paid in full for my sailing on the Liberty in January. I originally booked a Large Oceanview (F), but upgraded the other day to a balcony (E1). If prices drop, I may choose a higher category balcony, or one in a better location. Since people cancel right before final payment, I'm going to keep an eye, and my fingers crossed to try to get a hump cabin. I know it's a long shot, but several opened up on the Explorer a few days before final payment when I sailed her last year, so hopefully I can one this time .

I'm all booked, and other arrangements made and paid in full for my sailing on the Liberty in January. I originally booked a Large Oceanview (F), but upgraded the other day to a balcony (E1). If prices drop, I may choose a higher category balcony, or one in a better location. Since people cancel right before final payment, I'm going to keep an eye, and my fingers crossed to try to get a hump cabin. I know it's a long shot, but several opened up on the Explorer a few days before final payment when I sailed her last year, so hopefully I can one this time .

Keep checking, we just booked last week and earlier in the evening when we were trying to decide, only things available were forwards and afts....few hours later during booking a middle hump showed up!!! I was excited!

Will be on LOS in February. Have two balcony rooms on deck 7 (aft)next to each other.....do all balcony rooms have a connecting door on balcony to make space bigger?

Yes, you can ask your room attendant to open the divider for you.

Add Saturday Night Fever: The Musical to the list of big name shows playing on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship.

The world's second largest cruise line says the West End show will debut aboard the 3,634-passenger Liberty of the Seas in April, part of a revitalization of the three-year-old vessel scheduled to begin in January.

Based on the popular 1970s movie Saturday Night Fever, the musical will be the third big production to debut on a Royal Caribbean ship in just over a year. Royal Caribbean's newest vessel, the much-heralded, 10-month-old Oasis of the Seas, features a production of the Broadway musical Hairspray, and the line's next ship, Allure of the Seas, will boast a production of Chicago: the Musical when it begins sailing in November.

Saturday Night Fever: The Musical premiered in the West End at the London Palladium in 1998 and has been seen by over 10 million people worldwide.

RELATED: A new photo tour of Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas

CONTEST: Enter for chance to win trip on Allure of the Seas

Big name shows are the latest trend in cruising, with Royal Caribbean leading the way. Also bringing more name-brand productions to vessels is Norwegian Cruise Line, which premiered two iconic shows of Las Vegas -- the Blue Man Group and Legends in Concert -- on its latest ship, the four-month-old Norwegian Epic.

Royal Caribbean says Saturday Night Fever: The Musical will be shown weekly in Liberty of the Seas' 1,320-seat Platinum Theatre.

Royal Caribbean says auditions for the Liberty of the Seas production of the musical will be held Oct. 20-22 in New York. More details and a full schedule can be found at RoyalCaribbeanProductions.com.

This is for anyone going on the January 9th, Liberty sailing. I'm trying to grab a HUMP cabin, possibly a cancellation during/before final payment. I'm already booked, and paid for an upgrade to a balcony, but no Humps were available. I did get waitlisted for one, but I know everyone on here is like me, and patrols the websites frequently. If anyone finds one is their searches, you can email me anytime at pwkenner@msn.com. my email comes through my phone, so if I'm sleep, I'd get up to grab that cabin. lol

Thanks

We have sailed a lot on the Liberty and there has never been a magnifying mirror in any of the cabins we have had but the one I take with me. ;) That is one thing I would never leave at home ;).

You are going to love the Liberty. She really is a beautiful ship.

Hi Kathy,

How have you been???

I check all the websites several times a day, but mainly in the morning at late at night. It seems that this cruise is close to being full, as full categories of cabins are disappearing (no OCV's). I had an ocean view and paid for a balcony upgrade. I'm happy with my current cabin, but would jump or on a hump if one becomes available.

• 4 months later...

Sorry if this has been covered, I did a search and couldn't find it.

I'd like to know if any of the following are in the current Diamond Plus Coupon Booklet:

Free internet time

Johnny Rockets meals

Laundry (regular or dry-cleaning)

Specialty coffee (at Seattle's Best or in the Specialty Restaurants)

Free portraits

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been covered, I did a search and couldn't find it.

I'd like to know if any of the following are in the current Diamond Plus Coupon Booklet:

Free internet time

Johnny Rockets meals

Laundry (regular or dry-cleaning)

Specialty coffee (at Seattle's Best or in the Specialty Restaurants)

Free portraits

Don't know about Diamond + , but in the Diamond books (Jan 11) there were coupons for: Free Internet Time, Johnny Rockets BOGO milkshakes, discounted bag laundry, free specialty coffee in Chops/Portofina, and 2 free 8 x 10s - assume Diamond + would be even better:D

• 2 weeks later...