Victory Cruise

ortech

We just booked our family for a week on the Victory (4/20 this year - wahoo - less than 2 months away)!!!

I expect it will be great having recently been updated. We went on the Destiny shortly after it was updated. Heard bad reviews but took the gamble. It was worth it. Next time we look for a cruise, we might just start out by looking at which one was worked on last. ;)

Hi,Davsgirl ! We are also sailing on the Victory on May 11 !!!:) :) :) :)

Glad to hear it! I have posted on our sailing's roll call thread, but it is not a very lively group so far. I hate that. I am used to excited, happy, eager-to-sail cruisers, but nothing like that so far...hey, maybe we should start a new roll call thread.... ;)

I just did the Victory at the beginning of February. It definitely was my least favorite ship of the four. Service was eh and the food was definitely not up to par with the other three cruises I have done. It was also showing it's age/gaudy looking. I had a good time though minus the whole ship as it was a music cruise. And that's what made the cruise. I'm sure most people didn't care, but I did notice since I have cruised before.

I just did the Victory at the beginning of February. It definitely was my least favorite ship of the four. Service was eh and the food was definitely not up to par with the other three cruises I have done. It was also showing it's age/gaudy looking. I had a good time though minus the whole ship as it was a music cruise. And that's what made the cruise. I'm sure most people didn't care, but I did notice since I have cruised before.

Jenna?!? Were you on our May 7, 2005 cruise? Were you part of our group? WOW, yes it was you I just checked on the old roll call..You and your mom and grandma...remember?:) :) :)

The negative reviews come from those who take Victory out of New England and go North. I would not recommend that itinerary.

Yep this is where it got the bad reviews. We sailed the Victory to the Western Caribbean and I would sail her again in a heartbeat. Great ship!!!!

I cruised on the Victory last month and found it to be the cleanest, nicest, and newest ship you could ever want. The cruise director Malcolm Burn was funny and personable. The food seemed a bit better than on the Glory. The social directors had delightful British accents, even though they're Boers.

And the Maitre de sings Frank Sinatra songs after every dinnner!

Paul- Thank you for the pictures. You ahve such a lovely family, I can't wait, my fiance and I are getting married onboard before we leave and all these pictures really make me excited

I am not one to really care what the carpets look like and etc.. I WOULD care if the crew was not good, but I am hoping I don't encounter that. and any food that I didn't make is delicious!!!!

YAY I can't wait to see this ship in person

:D :D Paul, what a great pic review of the Victory. You are about 10 years behind me on the boys. Mine are now 25, 23 and 20. Boys rule! We did a Valor Western 7 day in june 2006 to celebrate the youngest's graduation. Best part was getting all of my guys dressed into tuxes and taking pics and then hitting the cigar bar for a cigar and glass of brandy. What a blast!

The Victory was our very first cruise ever back in July 2003 to Canada. We got an awesome last minute rate on an inside due to something called an interline rate(at the time I worked for a major airline).We were so enamoured of the whole thing we didn't notice if anything was "off" or as it shouldn't be. As we were leaving on that last day, we took a peak into the open room across the way, saw that it was a balcony with a scoutch more room and said "that's what we're doing next time!". It was very cloudy and overcast for most of the cruise, and very crowded. It didn't matter. We've cruised half a dozen times since then and all the chogs, attitudes etc. still don't matter. We have fun. We just booked the Victory for a week in November to southern Carribean. We'll see what the refurb has done for the ship, but I doubt it will matter to us. We know it will be a great trip for the price(using my military discount) and will have fun, since we GET TO GO SOLO!!! Kids are all in school! :D :D :D

Really... I don't know what left a sour taste in your mouth about the Carnival Victory; We all have our own preceptions and expectations. But in my experience the ship was fine, and the service first rate.

I would, and probably will, sail on her again in the near future.

Guess you were not on my cruise.. I was not alone in my perception of this trip....

thanks for sharing those pics!! ive never been on a cruise and to see your experience its great ! also i see that the check in luggage was not screened so if i pack some liquor it will go to my room no problem? :rolleyes:

Jenna?!? Were you on our May 7, 2005 cruise? Were you part of our group? WOW, yes it was you I just checked on the old roll call..You and your mom and grandma...remember?

Yep! It's me. I was on that cruise! I remember. Definitely one of my favorite cruises as it was my first.

hey when in january are you crusing the victory?? im looking at jan 18-25 to the south caribean!

Not sure if this was directed towards me or not, but we are cruising the Victory on the January 11th sailing, Southern Caribbean! We originally looked at the January 18th sailing, but got a slightly better deal on the 11th! I would highly recommend the Southern Caribbean!! :D

Archived