ok yall 2.0 throughout 2008 one ship per month is the word

hammsz

Can you explain 2.0?

You'll need to post that question on the Princess board where

coffeebean has been beating the subject to death. :D

Here's a link that the bean provided which pretty much covers it IMHO

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071219006036&newsLang=en

I wish people would take a second to do a little research instead of expecting an answer instantly.

2.0 has been disussed to death on these boards!

Do a Google search if you dont know how to search these forums.

PUT SOME EFFORT INTO DOING SOME BASIC RESEARCH BEFORE ASKING THE SAME QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ALREADY ASKED 10000 TIMES.

It really shows how lazy people are.

Sorry...but it really gets on my nerves.

On the streets. Which ships have had this implemented?

None. As of right bnow, the Gem is the TESTING PLATFORM for some of the changes.

Each ship has it's own implementation date.

I only know of one such date... April 6th on the Jewel, which comes directly from the Hotel Manager while we were on board her last week.

BTW, he says the new bedding they have been testing (in his quarters) is awesome.

I wish people would take a second to do a little research instead of expecting an answer instantly.

PUT SOME EFFORT INTO DOING SOME BASIC RESEARCH BEFORE ASKING THE SAME QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ALREADY ASKED 10000 TIMES.

Wow.

sesamstrassesesamestreeja3.jpg

Tony, calm down a little: yes, it has been discussed, but look at it this way, many wouldn't have a clue where to start. The program is called freestyle 2.0, if I saw that and was relatively new to the boards I would be totally confused.

Many of us are tired of about 3 or 4 dead horse topics, but to new readers they are not aware the subjects have been beaten to death: dress codes, traveling with babies and toddlers, booze rules, and tipping just to mention a few. Those of us who are veterans do wonder why these subjects pop up every few weeks or even days, but people do want answers and that is one thing many of us do not mind giving.

Nita

I think some newer posters might not understand the search feature. I didn't even see it until someone pointed it out to me when I was brand new here. I do understand the frustration, though. :)

None. As of right bnow, the Gem is the TESTING PLATFORM for some of the changes.

Each ship has it's own implementation date.

I only know of one such date... April 6th on the Jewel, which comes directly from the Hotel Manager while we were on board her last week.

BTW, he says the new bedding they have been testing (in his quarters) is awesome.

We we're on the Feb. 6th/16th sailing on the GEM. The only change that we noticed was champagne being offered to everyone as they got onboard.

If it's something that you feel has been discussed to death on these boards would you mind telling me why you wouldn't just click on by this thread? Talk about lazy:)

In defence of the person asking the question.. I often will put small words like freestyle 2.0, into search ..and I get back that it is too short!

In defence of the person asking the question.. I often will put small words like freestyle 2.0, into search ..and I get back that it is too short!

Or if the search is even "working" (will allow you to enter any words) it often hangs up and eventually times out, giving no results.

I understand some topics are asked again and again, but searching is often not an option.

Because I am sailing on the Star in April and when I see a post concerning 2.0 I read it to see if there is any news on when the Star might be converted. But I dont go in 10 times a day and ask "Has 2.0 been implemented on the Star". I do exactly what I suggested other people do..I READ THE POSTS to get the answers I need instead of asking questions that can be answered by doing some basic research.

Even if the search function doesnt work, all you have to do is skim through the existing threads and it is on there numerous times. I just feel folks would rather constantly ask certain things than go to the trouble to check the previous threads to see if there is an answer.

How many times do we have to read:

"Can I bring liquor on board?"

"Can I bring water and soda on board?"

"What is Freestyle 2.0?"

"What is an upsell?"

"Which restaurants charge a surcharge?"

etc etc

I think that is one of the reasons the boards are always so slow. They are clogged up with so many people asking the same thing time after time even if the answer is in a thread that was created a few minutes earlier.

And a lot of these answers can be found at NCL.com but people dont want to have to actually do research.

That is my opinion and I have every right to it.

As an example, I simply looked at page 2 of the NCL posts and 2.0 was throughly discussed on more than one thread.

But did the person who asked what is 2.0 go to the trouble to simply look and see if there were any recent posts discussing it?

NO.

So, watch....later today there will be another person asking "What is 2.0?" in another new thread.

They wont go back and look at this thread.

It is irritating to say the least.

As an example, I simply looked at page 2 of the NCL posts and 2.0 was throughly discussed on more than one thread.

But did the person who asked what is 2.0 go to the trouble to simply look and see if there were any recent posts discussing it?

NO.

So, watch....later today there will be another person asking "What is 2.0?" in another new thread.

They wont go back and look at this thread.

It is irritating to say the least.

1204219078.jpg

Because I am sailing on the Star in April and when I see a post concerning 2.0 I read it to see if there is any news on when the Star might be converted. But I dont go in 10 times a day and ask "Has 2.0 been implemented on the Star". I do exactly what I suggested other people do..I READ THE POSTS to get the answers I need instead of asking questions that can be answered by doing some basic research.

Even if the search function doesnt work, all you have to do is skim through the existing threads and it is on there numerous times. I just feel folks would rather constantly ask certain things than go to the trouble to check the previous threads to see if there is an answer.

"What is Freestyle 2.0?"

"What is an upsell?"

etc etc

I think that is one of the reasons the boards are always so slow. They are clogged up with so many people asking the same thing time after time even if the answer is in a thread that was created a few minutes earlier.

And a lot of these answers can be found at NCL.com but people dont want to have to actually do research.

Maybe these questions should become Sticky's and be right up top for all to see That would solve a lot of repeats. Also, CC is for askling questions and posting comments otherwise, why are we all here?

"What is Freestyle 2.0?"

"What is an upsell?"

etc etc

Goodness, would there really be THAT much to talk about if some of the same questions weren't brought up repeatedly?!

Hope your day gets better . . . (breathe in, deep breath out . . .) :)

Sometimes when a question is asked a gazillion times, there might actually be an answer supplied that wasn't before - and, unfortunately, sometimes, people get really pissy about it :rolleyes:.

Personally, I just booked an NCL cruise and having never sailed on NCL, am reading everything I can - even if the thread name is the same as one I just read :eek: - my choice. I can bypass it too if I want (what a concept).

Try to cool down - life is too short to get pissy about the same question being asked more than once!

Archived