Bannister Island Belize

Mrslou37

• 2 months later...
I was there last Wednesday on the Carnival Valor - simply beautiful and a must visit. Felt completely safe. Only sad for the circumstances. Water and beach was beautiful.

Did you book it through Carnival?

I am headed to Belize in 74 sleeps!! I have 2 girls 12 &8 and am set on doing this in Belize..(really would like to see thr Ruins but kids were not impressed:rolleyes:)

I am sailing with carnival so can anyone tell me why carnival does not offer this as an excursion anymore and is Coral Breeze tours reliable?

Second the manatee watch, is that done from a boat? do you get out of the boat or how is it done?

And a MURDER??? what the heck?? is this island not safe?

Sooo many questions good thing there is still 74 sleeps!

I will be on Royal Caribbean in August stopping in Belize. There is a group of 6 of us and some of us want to do snorkeling and some don't. Ideally we would like to all go to a beach so those of us that want to snorkel can just do it from the beach and everyone else can just enjoy the beach. Does Coral Breeze offer anything like this?

Is the snorkeling from Bannister Island decent? I get the feeling that most of the good snorkeling in Belize you need to do from a boat.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do know that several months ago it was discussed on the boards that the supervisor/manager of Bannister Island was murdered, at that time Carnival pulled this excursion. You still have to use an outside tour operator at this point in time.

I do know that several months ago it was discussed on the boards that the supervisor/manager of Bannister Island was murdered, at that time Carnival pulled this excursion. You still have to use an outside tour operator at this point in time.

Carnival has put the private Island beach break (Bannister Island) back up on their site as of a couple months ago. Coral Breeze is a private tour operator that is also operating the excursion to Bannister Island. HTH

Carnival has put the private Island beach break (Bannister Island) back up on their site as of a couple months ago. Coral Breeze is a private tour operator that is also operating the excursion to Bannister Island. HTH

I see the tour on the Carnival site, but when I try to book it, it takes me to my reservation and it's not available. I wonder if Carnival is not yet offering it as a tour. I can't believe if they are that they wouldn't offer it on our Glory cruise.

We'd really like to do this tour, especially through Carnival because we wouldn't have to tender in, but it doesn't look like we will be able to.

I was able the other day to go all the way thru booking this online Carnival. But since we are now 3 days out the online booking is closed. Looks like you'll have to book Bannister on the ship or through Coral Breeze tours.

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/manatees/cruise/tour/current_category.15/Product.150/tours_add.html?t_product=150

Edited by gjsmth

We were on Bannister Island in June. We sailed on the Carnival Valor and booked the excursion through them. When we were there, the beach area had been enclosed with a barrier of some sort so that the water was VERY "murky" not the clear beautiful Caribbean water that we love. All the pictures that I have seen show a beautiful unobstructed beach but this is not what we had. Sorry I didn't get any pictures.

• 1 month later...
We were on Bannister Island in June. We sailed on the Carnival Valor and booked the excursion through them. When we were there, the beach area had been enclosed with a barrier of some sort so that the water was VERY "murky" not the clear beautiful Caribbean water that we love. All the pictures that I have seen show a beautiful unobstructed beach but this is not what we had. Sorry I didn't get any pictures.

Does anyone know why this barrier was placed in the water? We don't sail until December, but were definitely hoping to see that beautiful blue Caribbean water.

Just booked the "Beach Break" through RCI for a November 2009 sailing. RCI didn't mention that it was Bannister Island/Caye, but the photo is the same as on Coral Breeze's web site. RCI is a few dollars cheaper than Coral Breeze, but does not offer the snorkeling or a ride through the manatee reserve. The Coral Breeze tour appears to be 45 minutes longer than RCI.

For those cruising on RCI, it may be to your advantage to book through them if you aren't interested in snorkeling and don't need to see the manatees.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...