Carnival Sale - it's worth calling to check price difference!!

cruzinfamilyof4

I am very excited right now! I booked our cruise a month ago, but thought I'd call today to see if I could get a better price. Not only did I get a better price - but a pretty good upgrade. My TA was just as excited as I am. She said an upgrade like this almost never happens. We went from an 8A to an 8E (hope I'm explaining that right!), from the upper deck to the panaroma deck. No we just have to wait until June!

Just wanted to share with everyone that it might be worth a call to see if you can get a better price or upgrade. The sale is only for today.

I checked to day with Carnival and the price I got about a month ago is far better even with the new sale price. So it just depends on what you already have. We have a balcony GT and I was already told that we were getting at least a one level upgrade as the 8a's are gone.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale today. I just emailed my PVP and asked for an upgrade. Granted, we sail in 7 days......and I know we cant get a better price than we paid (veteran rate, ridiculously cheap) but asked for an upgrade from Interior to Oceanview.

Small ship (Inspiration) so probably a slim chance of it, but I knew it couldnt hurt to ask. I'll let you all know how it comes out.

We are sailing for our Anniversary celebration, so maybe that will help persuade her to upgrade????? LOL. (keeping my fingers crossed). :D

But I don't want to be on the Panorama Deck!

I checked the prices on both my cruises and they're higher than what I booked for, and I only booked on 2/11.

I think I'm the only person on these boards who's cruise price never, ever drops. They all just continue to rise.

But that means I booked at a good price, doesn't it! So I'm happy with what I'm paying.

But I don't want to be on the Panorama Deck!

I checked the prices on both my cruises and they're higher than what I booked for, and I only booked on 2/11.

I think I'm the only person on these boards who's cruise price never, ever drops. They all just continue to rise.

But that means I booked at a good price, doesn't it! So I'm happy with what I'm paying.

me too! We've got 2 extended balconies on the upper deck. Just booked last Thursday. Called our person at CCL and It would cost us $80 more pp at today's sale price. Granted we could be on the panaorama deck--but it's not worth the extra $$ to me. We got a "past guest" special price last week.

BTW my Carnival person said she is a CVP--Cruise Vacation Planner--I asked her what was the difference and she said the PVP make outgoing calls or just answers to their customers and a CVP takes incoming calls to the 888 number (which I dialed) she gave me her extension so she is just a phone call and/or email away too.

Does it make a difference which one you use?

The code I found here at this forum (I think it was P1S or something - it's posted here somewhere) got me an 8I (extended balcony) for the same as an 8a, or I thought that's what it was. I called Monday and booked that. Is that not still usable? It seems a better deal than the promotion they're running today. I called my PVP and asked if there was any additional savings through the one-day sale - she said I got a better deal with the code. (?)

I'm still learning how all the cruise-bidness works! :cool:

My PVP called me just like I hoped! I booked a single for 7 days at only $700 on Glory in December in room 2465 with 2 large windows and bigger square footage than most 1A's.:D

My wife and I were in room #2465 on the Glory in Dec 07. Its a great room, more roomier than the regular oceanview cabins and much cheaper. It is a handicapped accessable room so the shower is really big, enough for 2 people:rolleyes:

I'm about to call now, I hope I have your luck!:D

Erica, I just looked at your pictures - very nice! We're doing the Western Caribbean cruise this year and will also be in Honduras. My kids would absolutely LOVE to see baby monkeys like the ones in your pictures. Can you tell me which excursion you took, and through whom? The baby monkeys would be the highlight of their trip, no question about it. :D Thanks!

I just called my PVP and no such luck for me. IS rooms are all booked up and my cabin has gone up $120 in about 3 weeks. I got in on a good deal that she had emailed me on and they still can't beat it. Would have been nice to bump up to an OS room but now they are about $160pp more:( .

BUT I'M STILL GOING AND GOING TO LOVE EVERY MOMENT OF IT!!!!

Good luck to you that may get the advantage of upgrades or discounts.:)

I called my TA today to make my final payment for our May 25th cruise on the Valor. When she called Carnival to make the payment, she was told that our catagory had a $90 pp price drop...that is $180 for us! Plus, if we wanted it, we could have an upgrade from 8b to 8e. I passed on that as we specifically chose our aft balcony cabin last March. If I was in a regular side balcony cabin, I might have made the switch to Panorama deck. But then, I have to remember that I occasionally have bouts of motion sickness so I think it would be best to stay on deck 7 rather than topside.

Anyway, I am happy about the $180 savings!!!

OK I'm confused. I called my TA and she said that you can only get the discount if you are a new booking and they don't give the discount to groups.

I'm going with a group of friends and this will be a first cruise for some of us. We would love to get in on this special so what can I do?

FYI, we booked our cruise in January and the cruise is in May.

OK I'm confused. I called my TA and she said that you can only get the discount if you are a new booking and they don't give the discount to groups.

I'm going with a group of friends and this will be a first cruise for some of us. We would love to get in on this special so what can I do?

FYI, we booked our cruise in January and the cruise is in May.

It is not true! I just had my price adjustment when Carnival had 1 day sale on Feb 27. My booking is Spirit to Alaska. If your agent does not help, you may call Carnival to confirm is this price drop only for new booking.

Good Luck.

1.) When I couldn't get through to my PVP (he was so busy, he didn't take a lunch break until 4 pm), I called the generic 1-800-CARNIVAL number and they told me it was for new bookings (although if you have a PVP/TA you work with, I think they will work it to your advantage).

2.) For anyone curious, the sale was only on sailings through 12/08.

Archived