Crown Bay and Emerald beach

jackdiamond

Iwould greatly appreciate the impressions of anyone who has visited Emerald beach. Also, are there any discount liquor stores in the Crown Bay mall?

Thank you-Jack Diamond

I was looking into this beach as well. There is some good info on the Ports of Call ( St.Thomas/St.John ) board. Very close to Crown Bay. $4.00 cab ride. Chair rentals, beach bar and restaurant. Sounds nice.

Cheers,

Rob

[quoteAlso, are there any discount liquor stores in the Crown Bay mall?

Thank you-Jack Diamond

In Jan. we went into one liquor store in Crown Bay, but it was small and had a limited selection. DH says he saw another liquor store there, maybe AHRise, but I am not sure.

sue

The beach is just ok...there are chair rentals. It is actually a Best Western type hotel. You can hear the announcements from something next door...not your average island beach experience. I won't go back....will travel to Magen's Bay or Sapphire next time. Been to all 3 and like it the least.

Went last year. It is called the Best Western Emerald Beach.

It is about a mile going toward the airport. Just walk through the

hotel to the beach. Nice beach bar.

I would recommend this beach and it is very close to the ship

We were in St thomas the end of January and they are opening more new stores at Crown Bay. They just opened A. H Rise liqour store. I think their prices are about the same as in town.

OK, now I know DH wasn't imagining seeing an A. H. Rise there in Jan.lol

sue

Just to the east of the port is a commercial marina (where the Water Island ferry sails out of) with a very good grocery/wine store. Don't remember how much hard liquor they had, but facilities were set up to restock private boats.

I was there in 2004. Its actually at a hotel near the airport. The facility had a nice bar and restaurant. We were at Megan's Bay last year and IMHO, Emerald Beach was better. Be sure to wear water shoes. I remember a fellow stepping on a sea urchin. He was in a lot of pain. Enjoy your trip.

Archived