Your experience using Well-Wishers

Delivery or Just Do it Yourself?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Delivery or Just Do it Yourself?

• Yes - just pay and have it delivered. Not worth the worry to stop & get the "extras" the day of.
    • No - don't bother with the delivery. Just do a quick stop on the way and pack it into your carry-on!

What has your experience been at the port of Miami using Well-Wishers for any RCI cruise you went on?

They are the only option for our upcoming cruise but I thought they were extremely overpriced. Just wondering if it's worth the lack of hassle to just use them instead of stopping prior to cruise embarking. TY!

What has your experience been at the port of Miami using Well-Wishers for any RCI cruise you went on?

They are the only option for our upcoming cruise but I thought they were extremely overpriced. Just wondering if it's worth the lack of hassle to just use them instead of stopping prior to cruise embarking. TY!

What is a well-wisher? :confused:

We thought they were great. We used them last May for our Alaska cruise. I ordered a bottle of Bailey's and a bottle of Champagne for each of 2 cabins. It was expensive, but what I thought was really expensive was the $9 per item delivery charge. I didn't want to worry about the smuggling issue. And they were wonderful to work with, and the service and in cabin delivery were great. :D

That said...I don't know what you were planning to order. The FAQ's for Wellwisher now say...

Q: Can I arrange for hard alcohol, such as liquor or beer to be delivered to a cruise ship cabin?

A: No, we do not deliver hard alcohol, only wine or champagne. Many cruise lines have policies prohibiting the delivery of liquor, and we respect the cruise lines policies.

So, since we can already order wine or champagne onboard, the service no longer suits our needs. :)

Depends on what your needs/wants are, I suppose.

We used WellWishers on our Monarch anniversary cruise, and were very pleased with the service.

Yes, the champagne we had delivered cost at least twice as much as it would have been retail, BUT it was not offered on RCCL...and, much more importantly, it was the same vintage DH had ordered for us the evening he proposed to me, over two decades ago.

The Wellwisher staff was very professional and helpful, and did their best to make our wedding anniversary cruise extra special--so YES, for us it was very worth it.:)

I was looking at non-alcoholic stuff for the cruise - sorry I should have included that in my original post.

This is what I had priced and it would roughly come to $100.00 if I order through them.

cinnamon gum

mints (mentos)

6 cans of pop (2 coke, 2 sprite, 2 orange crush) --- I guess just buying the stuff in the stateroom would be one less hassle.

2 bottles of juice (apple and orange)

chocolate bars (4) (coffee crisp, aero)

a few small bags of chips/cheezies

fresh red licorice

Is there any place, within reason, that is close to port where I could pick up such things on the morning of? We are not familiar with the area so it would need to be somewhere obvious lol. We're driving from Canada so it will be packed in the car w 4 people and luggage no matter how light we pack.

No way would I pay $100 for what you have listed there!!! You can easily pack the gum, licorice, mints and chocolate in your luggage from home and not take up more than a couple of pounds.

There has to be someplace in the area to pick up some soda and juice. If no one posts here, I would ask on the Florida departures board. Bequia answers all for the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area.

That seems wayyyyyyyyy overpriced!

No way would I pay $100 for what you have listed there!!! You can easily pack the gum, licorice, mints and chocolate in your luggage from home and not take up more than a couple of pounds.

There has to be someplace in the area to pick up some soda and juice. If no one posts here, I would ask on the Florida departures board. Bequia answers all for the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area.

That seems wayyyyyyyyy overpriced!

Thanks for posting. I had heard they were overpriced but I wasn't sure if this was normal or over the top. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

I would probably just stop at a Walgreens, they are all over. And they will have everything on your list for a lot less. That fresh licorice is always hard to find when traveling. We are fortunate that American Licorice Conpany is nearby where we live. :D

I would probably just stop at a Walgreens, they are all over. And they will have everything on your list for a lot less. That fresh licorice is always hard to find when traveling. We are fortunate that American Licorice Conpany is nearby where we live. :D

Thanks! We don't have Walgreens here so it's good to know that if I see it, it is a good place to stop :)

Archived