Changing a reservation.....

CrimsonQueen

I hope someone can help me with this problem....I'm getting a stone wall at the Carnival 800 number.

Here's my situation......5 sisters going on a cruise in April. I called Carnival back in August and was assigned a VP. He was very nice/very good. Helped trememdously. I am the only past guest, and I booked all 5 reservations.....was told since the booking was in my name, all would qualify for past guest discount, although we were placed in two rooms. We paid the entire bill (paid the fuel surcharge in January). However, now one sister can't go, and I wanted to make a substitution.

The problem is.....Carnival has assigned a past guest number to the sister who is not going (what kind of luck was that) and now they tell me if we remove her name, the entire second room's rates will increase. I've explained that this sister has never cruised with Carnival (same name, same birthday as a lady in Wisconsin....my sister lives in Alabama) and that I was given the past guest discount on the entire booking because I had sailed with Carnival before and set up all the reservations.

My original VP is no longer there, and it appears they don't want to honor what he told me. I took notes on every conversation I have had with Carnival, so I know what I was told.

We don't mind paying to change the reservation (okay, not entirely true:) , but we are WILLING to pay to change the reservation).....just don't want everyone's rate in that room to increase.

Can anyone help? Do you have a great VP you deal with at Carnival? I would so appreciate some help.

Iv never heard of getting two cabins at a past guest rate because one person is a past guest. One of the guests in each cabin must be a past guest. If you and your husband for instance were past guests, you could split up on the booking and then move once on the ship.

Sounds like Carnival made a mistake giving one of your sister's a past guest number and now you want them to honor the mistake even if she is taken off the cabin. I dont see how they can do it.

Maybe there is such a thing as two cabins getting the past guest price because one is a past guest...if so, someone will correct me. News to me though. Maybe they had a sale like that and I just missed it. Wish I could help.

Archived