Sleeping habits

tr126

We are really light sleepers and have a bad habit of sleeping with a box fan every night to drown out all the little noises. Does anyone know if the ship has any available to use? We're going to bring ear plugs to help but I thought I would ask if they had any fans.

Thanks!!

~Trish

Trish - I am also a light sleeper. Our first few days on the ship were quite rocky and every little dip, shake, etc would wake me up. I was soooo tired! I know that my next cruise I am going to bring with me a sleep aid (pill?) from my doctor to help me sleep a bit harder. I am also one that could never sleep in a car or an airplane - so in hindsight should've thought of this before the cruise.

I, too, am used to sleeping with a fan on and cannot sleep if I'm too hot. I travel with a small fan that I can place on the nightstand. It helps with noise and temperature. When we went to Australia a few years ago, one of my first stops was to buy a fan to use while "down under".

I too am a light sleeper, so I packed my ear plugs. The first or second night I can not remember which, after running around all day, eating huge meals and having a few drinks hubby and I went to bed and never heard the emergency horn going off continually for several minutes. Everyone was in the hall with life jackets on and heading to their muster stations...we however were asleep :eek: We found out about the next morning when the people on the next balcony said something! I told them please bang on our door if this happens again, not sure if I would hear that though. For the rest of the cruise I did not use my earplugs for fear I would miss an emergency signal again.

By the way...it was a computer malfunction that made all the alarms sound! The captain made an announcement regarding that/

Laura,

I can just picture people in jammies w/ life vests at the bar 'calming their nerves'.

lol true, that would be a sight...too bad I would have missed that too! lol

I really don't drink much so I guess 2 drink of the days did me in plus the rolling of the ocean I slept like a baby

Trish - I am also a light sleeper. Our first few days on the ship were quite rocky and every little dip, shake, etc would wake me up. I was soooo tired! I know that my next cruise I am going to bring with me a sleep aid (pill?) from my doctor to help me sleep a bit harder. I am also one that could never sleep in a car or an airplane - so in hindsight should've thought of this before the cruise.

You clearly were not taking a large enough dosage of the sleep inducing medications available at numerous places on the ship. You can get them at any of those places you see with an employee standing behind a counter type thing with rows and rows of bottles behind them. Many different flavors of these sleeping medications are available there.

I am a pretty light sleeper myself and suffer from Tinnitus, so I usually have to have some sort of background noise to drown out the high pitch whine. We had the TV on low every night. That's how I have to sleep in hotels too, but we found out that we were always so worn out or drunk enough that sleeping wasn't a problem.

Archived