Booking Excursions

Ok I'm gonna throw this question out to all you fellow cruiser's the question is.. can you get an excursion cheeper when you dock, rather than go threw the cruise line? people have told me that if there is availability when you dock and you speak to the people where you wanna go it is alot cheaper than going through the cruise line..... Help me find the real answers....

Thanks Steve:cool:

Sure,you can take a chance and book something when you get to your ports,but why risk it?? You wont know any of them from Adam........

Research some local tour guides right here on CC........go to the ports of call section and look around......... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

You'll have references of who is a reliable tour guide............then not only will you have saved money(by not booking the ship excursion),you'll have the peace of mind of knowing,there will be a guide waiting for you when you arrive and you'll be doing exactly what you want.........

It depends alot on which island. On many islands there are people registered with the islands tourism dept and operate as a business. They are reliable and trustworthy and most of all know their island. Still you need to be educated on what to ask and what documentation to look for on the windshield. Yes they are usually cheaper and give you a true flavor of the island.

There will be alot of folks waiting to take you on an excursion--but, can they be trusted????? I wouldn't do a "spur of the moment" thing with just anyone!

If there's something you want to do, book it in advance (or at least, on the ship!) so you know you won't be taken advantage of!

Archived