When to head to the port?

gill_boo

So for all my past cruises I have flown in on the day off and not had to think. Now for my next I am most likely flying in the day before. What time can you logically get on the ship? What time should you head for Port Canaveral to get on at a decent time?

We always get to the port early (9am or so) and ALWAYS have to wait to board the ship. The previous passengers have to be led off the ship after US Customs gives them permission. This can take most of the morning, which means you will be allowed to board around noon or so at the earliest.

My wife and I are Platinum Members, who are allowed to board first, and we didn't get onboard the Liberty last year until around 11:15am. In fact, we were the very first two passengers to board, excluding the wedding parties.

Have a wonderful cruise!

:cool: Bill

I like to be at the port no later than noon. They usually begin the process at 11:30. I don't always use the VIP line...if the regular line is shorter.

How fast do you get on the ship then?

Archived