Vision of the Seas and Kids

plp0268

A group of us are going on the Vision June 1. We will have 4 kids ages 13, 12, 11, and 6. With this being a smaller ship I am concerned that there won't be enough for the kids to do. I am sure they can find things to do but I would prefer activities that are more structured during the times when they aren't with us. Our schools get out May 30 and I also wonder if there will be other kids on board since many schools get out mid June. I kind of doubt parents will take their children out of school two weeks before school gets out. Any thoughts?

Don't worry, they'll have a blast! There's plenty to do. It's been a while since I went on Vision but it'll be fine. Plus I've been in the middle of the school year when I was concerned there would be no kids and was dead wrong. Guess there's no bad time to go on a cruise... Have fun!

A group of us are going on the Vision June 1. We will have 4 kids ages 13, 12, 11, and 6. With this being a smaller ship I am concerned that there won't be enough for the kids to do. I am sure they can find things to do but I would prefer activities that are more structured during the times when they aren't with us. Our schools get out May 30 and I also wonder if there will be other kids on board since many schools get out mid June. I kind of doubt parents will take their children out of school two weeks before school gets out. Any thoughts?

Adventure Ocean will provide activities for all your kids. The 11 & 6 year old will have structured activities. For kids 12 and above it seems to be less structured and more informal. My son was 12 on a Navigator cruise last summer and it seemed that activities got cancelled. My daughter was 14 and just wanted to hang out with friends and create their own fun.

You'll find plenty of kids on board. I'm sure other schools will be ending. Enjoy the fact that you'll beat the rush!

BTW - I was on Vision a couple of years ago at spring break. The Vision, while not having all the features of RCCL's larger ships will be fine. Your kids won't be bored.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned on Sunday from our 7 day cruise on the Vision. We have a 13 year old, 10 year old and 4 year old. My 13 year old chose not to check out the "club" since she enjoyed just hanging around with us. My 10 and 4 year old each had their own "club" and totally LOVED it. The activities were pretty much non-stop for them. In fact, they chose to go the the "club" and play rather than have dinner with us in the dining room! Your kids should have a blast. Feel free to ask any other ?'s you might have.

Nicole ;)

We just returned on Sunday from our 7 day cruise on the Vision. We have a 13 year old, 10 year old and 4 year old. My 13 year old chose not to check out the "club" since she enjoyed just hanging around with us. My 10 and 4 year old each had their own "club" and totally LOVED it. The activities were pretty much non-stop for them. In fact, they chose to go the the "club" and play rather than have dinner with us in the dining room! Your kids should have a blast. Feel free to ask any other ?'s you might have.

Nicole ;)

Nicole, did you happen to bring home any AO schedules from the Vision that you can scan and email to me? :D

Especially for the 9-11 year old group?

Nicole, did you happen to bring home any AO schedules from the Vision that you can scan and email to me? :D

Especially for the 9-11 year old group?

I'm sooo sorry I can't help you, crusinmama! :(

My kids kept thier hands on them the whole time so they were "in charge" of what they were doing next! I do recall looking over your scans before our cruise and noted that they were still pretty much the same. Anything else I can answer/help with?

Nicole

Archived