Luggage on Pacific Dawn

We put ours on the shelves above the hanging space in the 'wardrobe' Thought that was what it was for!!

Only thing that went under our bed was my new shoes which almost got left there:eek:

Megagirl

Hi John,

Our luggage wouldn't fit under the beds on the Pacific Dawn. We had similar style of bags to these....

luggage-2004-5-5.jpg

and we had to stack them in the cupboard. They slid under the bed on the Pacific Sun, but not on the Dawn.

Phil just measured ours (he dragged one out of the top cupboard in our bedroom) and the depth is about 23cm.

We will look for different luggage on our next trip. Maybe the softer sports bags with wheels. :)

See this is really really strange but our cousins cabin and room stuart person took theres away for there whole cruise and brought them back when you had to pack but our room cabin sturart person we hardly saw and did not talk to us or nothing he never said hi or anything.

We put ours under or around the desk cause as 4 males in a room dont need the desk at all umm yeah i think the dawn needs to sort this out

what do others think?

I too found that I could not fit the suitcases under the beds on Pacific Dawn, although on my Pacific Sun cruises, the luggage fit under the beds.

I was thinking perhaps I could ask if P&O could store the suitcases for us, and then return them on the last sea day so we can pack.

Our cabin steward took a couple of ours away & stored them for us.

Karen

Ah cool - that will help if we have a problem!! With 16 days at sea, we're certainly going to need our biggest cases - but we want to have as much room as possible in the cabin too.

Hi John,

Our luggage wouldn't fit under the beds on the Pacific Dawn. We had similar style of bags to these....

luggage-2004-5-5.jpg

and we had to stack them in the cupboard. They slid under the bed on the Pacific Sun, but not on the Dawn.

Phil just measured ours (he dragged one out of the top cupboard in our bedroom) and the depth is about 23cm.

We will look for different luggage on our next trip. Maybe the softer sports bags with wheels. :)

Hi Jen Those sport bags with wheels do they come in different sizes of luggage?

Like large Med Small?

Yes there seemed to be plenty of room on top of cupboards.

Cheers Gail:D

Do the standard cabins have a built in robe with a space above,just outside the bathroom? even though the mini suites have a bigger one I thought the standard cabins had the same?

Cases that stack inside each other are good,if you take a large medium and small with a large travel bag then you can fit them all inside each other then you only have to stow away the one case.

Den

Do the standard cabins have a built in robe with a space above,just outside the bathroom? even though the mini suites have a bigger one I thought the standard cabins had the same?

Cases that stack inside each other are good,if you take a large medium and small with a large travel bag then you can fit them all inside each other then you only have to stow away the one case.

Den

2002005372246465550_rs.jpg

We were in 4berth made into double for our cruise We had this wardrobe pictured and another wardrobe

sailaway john, if all cabins have similar robes to above then the cases fit in no problems,they have more room than it looks in the pic.

I put our cases in there but Tracey moved them under the desk area as we had plenty of room in the mini.

You can push them in to the bottom lower and upper corner.

Den

Do normal 4 berths have a wardrobe like this one? On the Pacific Star we had four individual wardrobes. Also, do you still have four individual safes like the Pacific Star or is it only one safe to a room on the Pacific Dawn?

Thanks,

Jodie

Waradrobes are similar to that one shown in a 4 berth cabin. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of inside the cabin:o . There is a safe in every wardrobe, one of them being bigger than the other 3 & that's the only one we used.

Karen

Not that I tried this ... we seemed to fit our bags here and there.. BUT !!! has anyonr thought that you can pick the bed up and put it down once the bags are under the bed !!!! maybe it would be OK ,,, just my over active brain trying to solve this issue ..

Archived