Alternative to wrap with this dress?

vol3820

I'm really not crazy about shawls or wraps. They don't stay where I want 'em to. I LOVE how they look, very elegant. But I would rather have something that stays on my shoulders and arms if I'm actually cold.

golddressmm6.th.jpggoldbackav6.th.jpg

How awful would it look if I wore a black shrug over this dress? And only if I was absolutely freezing in the dining room? Like this maybe? http://www.windsorstore.com/shop_detail.aspx?id=38395 I haven't started shopping for it yet, so not sure exactly what I'll find.

The dress is very pretty:) I think maybe a light brownish color would look better. I'm not really a wrap or shrug person, even though I'm constantly cold, but if you need to wear one then stick within the color family of your dress. Definitely something solid too, since your dress is lace. Good luck finding something!

I think the black shrug would not look very well at all. The knit jersey fabric doesn't work well with your dress's ivory lace.

If you hate a wrap and prefer a shrug, I'd go with a softer color that blends better with your dress.

If your jewelry is gold, I'd go with a something in a golden color. Maybe a little gold colored silk shantung bolero jacket?

Even a black silk jacket would look dressier than the black knit fabric.

I agree that black is way too much of a contrast as well. Stay far away from that.

Agreed with what Jane said, was what first came to my mind.

Something in a golden tone, or a golden champagne even.

I personally always need something in the dining rooms/halls in my dresses as I am always cold.:eek:

Thanks for all the input! I ended up getting a black shrug that is a material of silk, nylon, polyester, and metallic. They had some white ones (would not have worked AT ALL), gold (wrong color gold, looked worse than the black), and a cream color that just made the dress look dirty.

I actually like the contrast of the two together. I'll post a pic as soon as I get a chance.

My other dress is a lavender shell with sheer deep purple (almost black) layer over it and the black works great with it. I'll post a picture of it too tomorrow.

Again, thanks for the responses!!!

vol3280, you made me laugh! You asked for our opinions about wearing a black shrug with your dress, everyone said it wouldn't look good, so you went out and bought it. Too funny!

Well, I'm glad it made you laugh Andee. I think it's funnier that you think I read your opinions before I went shopping and based my purchase on that.

I wasn't asking for permission to get one, I was just asking if you thought it would look awful. It doesn't. It's very pleasing to my eye. And that's why I bought it.

I came back after my workout to edit my post cause I'm sure it comes across as catty. But it's too late to do that. Sorry bout that Andee.

It came down to buying what worked best given the choices. I'm just glad to hear that I may not need it at all. But I do, I'll have something to keep myself comfortable, and I won't feel bad about wearing it.

I just wanted other opinions on what I was thinking about getting. The only shrugs I have seen look sporty...and that wasn't what I was going for. (The shrug i posted was an example, it wasn't what I purchased.) I stated I hadn't actually been to the mall yet, to see what I could find, and I meant that I didn't know if I would even be able to find one at all.

Sorry the post was confusing.

6F2545A?$136x171$Would this work? It's a shawl, but it ties so it would stay where you want it. I can't see the details of your dress too well, so this might be too busy. If you like it, it's at Newport News for just $8.99.

Archived