Room Gaurentee Is It Worth The Savings??

We always book an IS GTY. 2 yrs ago we were upgraded to a balcony on the Miracle and last year to an OV on Norwegian Sun. We'll be on Glory on 3/15 and just got our room assignment this week. It's a 4G on Panorama deck. I've heard that deck is "top of the line" as far as IS goes. We've never been that high up before, so it should be interesting.

We booked a 4GTY and got a 5A on elation last month. We will book a GTY in the future, it was a great deal.

Gecko7:)

Does anyone know if a 5A on the Fantasy class ships sleeps only 2 or do 5As sleep 3 or 4?

Thank you

We booked what we thought were the guarantee rooms... two singles... not that we plan to be in the rooms much... we are leaving 4/6 out of San Diego... PVP said we would likely be upgraded... but website says I have E181 and my sister has E185- inside the inside cabins... aft - under one of the dining rooms... I'm not worried about having an upper/lower, but do worry about not being able to sleep because of noise... shall I invest in heavy duty earplugs? It's only a 4 night cruise, so we'll manage either way... Any chance we will be suprised when we board and get upgraded? Thanks!

...always booked a 4A guarantee and have been very lucky with a two category upgrade each time - Empress Deck is very quiet! For our upcoming trip, we booked our first 6A balcony and did not get upgraded. But if i'm on a cruise and out of this cold snow - then I would be happy in any room!

...always booked a 4A guarantee and have been very lucky with a two category upgrade each time - Empress Deck is very quiet! For our upcoming trip, we booked our first 6A balcony and did not get upgraded. But if i'm on a cruise and out of this cold snow - then I would be happy in any room!

You mean a 8A balcony? 6A is a OV. Hey if its a OV you can see out, Id still be happy.

If I can be happy just cruising and being onboard and I can be happy with the worst of that class of cabins... yes, I'll save the cash and book guarantee. I have three guarantees right now in the offing.

But, when I travel with mom and need a handicapped cabin, nope, I have to select a cabin, but many times I get the low rate from my PVP cause there are specials for past guests, or upgrades... and he knows they'll be coming so he gets me the right cabin...

I promise I'll write a review my cruises... I'm happy to book guaranteed...

If I can be happy just cruising and being onboard and I can be happy with the worst of that class of cabins... yes, I'll save the cash and book guarantee. I have three guarantees right now in the offing.

But, when I travel with mom and need a handicapped cabin, nope, I have to select a cabin, but many times I get the low rate from my PVP cause there are specials for past guests, or upgrades... and he knows they'll be coming so he gets me the right cabin...

I promise I'll write a review my cruises... I'm happy to book guaranteed...

My problem was 2 of my 3 booked cruises we are taking a friend and I didnt want to share a room, 3 in a cabin so both cruises we are getting 2 cabins. If you want cabins close together, then I wouldnt do a guarantee. So, for the 3rd cruise Im finally going to try a guarantee, my first. Wishing myself luck. Never had one with Carnival before.

I think I will always book guarantees. My first cruise was NCL and I booked a 4A and got a 4J inside on deck 8 midship pretty close to the elevator and not far from atrium, lido, buffet/pool etc. My upcoming Carnival I booked an 8A guarantee and I've been assigned to an 8E extended aft balcony. The only time I can see it being a drawback is if you get stuck directly under the lido pool area cuz of the chair scraping noises or under/above a dance club. Restaurants isn't a big deal cuz they aren't feeding people at midnight so there shouldn't be any real noise from there. The elevators don't really make much noise so being close to them isn't bad either - actually very convenient.

It is a crap shoot to book it that way but I'd rather take my chances and have extra money to spend on my trip. Good luck.

Does anyone know if a 5A on the Fantasy class ships sleeps only 2 or do 5As sleep 3 or 4?

Thank you

Here's the scoop: They only allow 4 in a cabin on the: Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Legend, Liberty, Miracle, Pride, Spirit, Spelendor, Valor.

They allow 5 in a room...4 beds, 1 roll a way: Triumph, Victory, Destiny, Celebration, Escasty, Elation, Fantasy, Fasination, Holiday, Imigination, Inspiration, Sensation.

I always do a guarantee except for my last cruise when I needed connecting rooms. I'd say that 75% of the time I have been upgraded. But, keep in mind an upgrade doesn't necessarily mean you get an OV cabin when you booked an inside. It just means that you will be on a higher deck. However, there are those lucky ones who actually have been upgraded into a different category, so it can happen.

I'm not picky about where I end up and I think for me it's like the lottery - you buy your ticket and then you see what you get! :D That's part of the fun of it!

We always book a guarantee. Twice we've booked 7A (obstructed balcony) and both times we were upgraded to unobstructed (8D & 8H). Booked porthole guarantee on the Fascination and received oceanview window. On our upcoming Imagination B2B cruise we were assigned 2 different cabins....one way forward and then way aft for the 2nd cruise. I got on the phone with my wonderful PVP and asked her if she could switch us to another aft cabin for the 1st cruise so we'd at least have the same cabin steward if there was no chance of having the same cabin for both cruises. She called me 2 days later and said she'd managed to get us the same aft cabin for both cruises :) I love our PVP.

Also, what most people don't realize is that if you don't like your assigned location and there are available cabins in your category available they will switch you. You aren't stuck with it. I've never requested a switch to a more aft location after receiving a cabin assignment and had them refuse.

Archived