Pride Leaving From Long Beach - Which Airport?

afcj1

I'm leaving on the Pride in October and trying to use miles on Frontier. From Denver they fly into LAX and Orange Co. Are those the 2 closest airports, other then Long Beach?

How far is the port from either location? Cost of cab, shuttle?

Thanks a bunch

Fly into LAX if you are using Frontier miles. It is closer to the port of Long Beach than Orange County. You can get Super Shuttle to take you to the port which is probably less than a cab. Long Beach Airport would be the way to go if you decide not to use miles.

You can get Super Shuttle to take you to the port which is probably less than a cab. Long Beach Airport would be the way to go if you decide not to use miles.

Just how easy and convenient is SuperShuttle to use? I also hear folks say all the time, "Just use SuperShuttle"... but I have no idea how to do this and I'm sure others don't either. It sounds way more intimidating and inconvenient than a cab.

I'm leaving on the Pride in October and trying to use miles on Frontier. From Denver they fly into LAX and Orange Co. Are those the 2 closest airports, other then Long Beach?

How far is the port from either location? Cost of cab, shuttle?

Thanks a bunch

Great question, was wondering this myself for next March.

How to Get to SuperShuttle from the Harbors

LA/San Pedro Harbor - From the disembark lobby, look for the transportation podium on the outer curb located to the left of the taxi stand. Look for the SuperShuttle guest service representative and advise him or her that you have a reservation. You may also call (800) BLUE VAN (258-3826) for assistance.

Long Beach Harbor - From the disembark dome, look for the transportation podium in the parking structure. Let the representative know you want SuperShuttle and you will be directed to our guest service representative, who will arrange your transportation. You may also call (800) BLUE VAN (258-3826) for assistance.:D

I'm assuming that if you can get from the harbor to the airport then it is vice/versa! We did it two years ago on the Pride! Can't remember the price, but I'm thinking it was about 30pp. Good luck!

I called SuperShuttle and they have a destination for the San Pedro Port and Long Beach Harbour.

The Pride is sailing from LA/Long Beach...so I'm going to assume that it's the LB Harbour.

If anyone can concur, I'd appreciate it. To either location the price is $17pp.

Thanks.

I called SuperShuttle and they have a destination for the San Pedro Port and Long Beach Harbour.

The Pride is sailing from LA/Long Beach...so I'm going to assume that it's the LB Harbour.

If anyone can concur, I'd appreciate it. To either location the price is $17pp.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.

Long Beach harbor is correct. The drivers know the area well. Just tell them you are going on a Carnival cruise. RCCL docks in San Pedro. I agree about flying into Long Beach. We use Long Beach to fly Jet Blue to SF or Las Vegas, although we are 5 miles away from LAX. Not all airlines fly into Long Beach. Jet Blue is the main tenant for commercial air travel at the Long Beach airport.

Long Beach harbor is correct. The drivers know the area well. Just tell them you are going on a Carnival cruise. RCCL docks in San Pedro. I agree about flying into Long Beach. We use Long Beach to fly Jet Blue to SF or Las Vegas, although we are 5 miles away from LAX. Not all airlines fly into Long Beach. Jet Blue is the main tenant for commercial air travel at the Long Beach airport.

Mari,

Thank you so much for all of your assistance. Yes, Long Beach Airport, definitely would have been better, but Frontier doesn't fly there and I was able to book both of our seats to LAX with miles.

Now I'm working on hotels:o I put a few questions on the WC Dep Board, so maybe if you get a chance you can take a peek @ my questions.:D

Thanks again.

Just to reiterate for those who haven't cruise from this area before:

Carnival uses the Port of Long Beach (its berth is next to the Queen Mary) and the other cruiselines (Princess, RC, NCL, Celebrity, etc.) uses the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro.

Archived