Atlantis Asia Cruise

TimATL

I have been writing on these boards for quite some time (under a different user name which I gave up due to it being too similar to another member), and in the 5 years I have been posting, I have never seen opinions taken as attacks and members resorting to name calling. But then again I have never bothered to spend much time on gay boards on this site. And now I know why--behavior and decorum that is so stereotypically queeny--

Why some gay men act like wounded little girls when receiving an opinion different from their on or even worse, facts different from their opinion, I will never understand. My information came from a staff person at Atlantis. I am sorry you can abide with the reality. Thankfully there are so many gay men who behave ...well like rational men.

Bye!

I spoke to someone at Atlantis today, he told me that the Asian cruise itinerary has not been finalized yet nor has the pricing. One of the Team Atlantis guys told me something similar when I was out on Friday night.

Do you guys think this one will ever make it to the general population or will it sell out during the Med and London cruises? The ship isn't that big.

I try to plan my longer vacations (those of 2 weeks or more) well enough in advance to get the best airfares, rooms/cabins, etc. (And to allow me lots of vacation daydream anticipation.)

Since this purported end-of-March-'09 cruise is now only 9 months away (and likely to be even closer in time if it's ever actually available to low-tier Atlantis alums and the public), I've decided to move on to other options.

If the '09 cruise happens and it's a success, Atlantis will try to offer it again (a la their Baltic itinerary). If so, I'll try to pick it up another time.

I realize there may be very valid reasons why Atlantis cannot advertise the '09 Asia cruise just yet. But sorry, Atlantis, for me the delay is too off-putting and if it does happen it will be without moi. :rolleyes:

I'm just too much of a control freak, I admit, to delay booking my major '09 vacation, which now may include an RSVP European river cruise. So, Rich Campbell likely will still get my travel $! :eek:

Since this purported end-of-March-'09 cruise is now only 9 months away (and likely to be even closer in time if it's ever actually available to low-tier Atlantis alums and the public), I've decided to move on to other options.

If the '09 cruise happens and it's a success, Atlantis will try to offer it again (a la their Baltic itinerary). If so, I'll try to pick it up another time.

Yeah we too have moved on. We have done more than 15 Atlantis cruises so most likely we would have been the first tier to book. However, at this point, it's probably too hard to redeem airline miles and quite frankly since the cruise was first announced so long ago by Rich hinself and nothing has ever come of it, I am really over the "anticipation".

We too will probably subsititute our vacation budget dollars with another Atlantis cruise but just not this one for next year:cool: .

I have been writing on these boards for quite some time (under a different user name which I gave up due to it being too similar to another member), and in the 5 years I have been posting, I have never seen opinions taken as attacks and members resorting to name calling. But then again I have never bothered to spend much time on gay boards on this site. And now I know why--behavior and decorum that is so stereotypically queeny--

Why some gay men act like wounded little girls when receiving an opinion different from their on or even worse, facts different from their opinion, I will never understand. My information came from a staff person at Atlantis. I am sorry you can abide with the reality. Thankfully there are so many gay men who behave ...well like rational men.

Bye!

Queen get over yourself. No one attacked your opinions, they were just refuted with facts. That's the reality you need to abide by. The only "queeny" behavior was yours.

As for the rest of us, I can certainly understand people starting to migrate towards other options for 2009. The ability to book reward travel with the airlines is a HUGE factor with this trip. For the moment we are still planning on this one. However, I would agree with other posters, the window of opportunity for most pax is starting to close, and Atlantis needs to get this on sale ASAP, if it's going to work.

Hopefully this will be a go

• 2 weeks later...
You poor deluded quxxn!

Its just a business - get over yourself. :eek:

Wow this board has gotten fun! At least attack my ideas, not me!

I'm sure Rich can sell this out on the summer European cruises. If he doesn't have to spend a lot of marketing money catering to you, why should he? Yes, this is a business.

• 2 weeks later...

Atlantis has announced it, and there is at least one other thread for this cruise in this forum, so check both. Please note that per Atlantis' email, reservations will be offered to alumni, stratified into two groups, +10 trips, +5 trips, then General public. As someone mentioned on the other thread, these will be on sale to EVERYONE on the upcoming Europe trips, (which are after the alumni window) so if you want to do it, move fast.

site link: http://atlantisevents.com/cruises_2009_asia_private328.aspx

For those that were remarking on the one travel agency who had this listed on their site, please note the official itinerary in my next post. (couldn't get it to fit within this post)

Some minor differences and clarifications, most notably the stop at Koh Samui Thailand

The port in Bangkok, according to the Atlantis email, is near the city, and is NOT the (large cruise ship) terminal 2 hours south of the city. Again, that is per the Alumni email, so those that were afraid of transit times to-from should rest easy.

Koh Samui is a fast developing beach resort, island area of Thailand and should be a real treat.

Official itinerary per the Atlantis website

28 Mar

Hong Kong, China

11:59 PM

29 Mar At Sea [

30 Mar Hue (Danang), Vietnam 7 AM 7 PM [

31 Mar

Nha Trang, Vietnam 10:30 AM 5 PM

1 Apr Ho Chi Minh City (Vung Tau), Vietnam 7 AM 7 PM

2 Apr At Sea

3 Apr Bangkok (Klong Toey), Thailand 7 AM

4 Apr Bangkok (Klong Toey), Thailand

4 PM

5 Apr Ko Samui, Thailand 7 AM 5 PM

6 Apr At Sea

7 Apr. Singapore

Received my alumni e-mail about the cruise last night and contacted my TA this morning to get me booked. She has been trying all morning to get through and cannot. She just called me to tell me she sent 2 e-mails to them and will continue to call.

If I am lucky to get a spot..I am asking for a share in either the cat 4 ot Cat 2A with the balcony. as the lowest priced cabins are already soild out, going single is out of the question. So now I will start looking for a room mate who is also interested in a share.

I did not plan on doing this cruise at all....having been to Bangkok on an RSVP Thailand cruise a while back. But Vietnam sounds interesting, and I love Hongkong. Singapore is also on my to do list......just have to remember not to chew gum while in Singapore.

If I get a cabin space this will make the month of March an incredible experience....get off the RSVP cruise on the Eurodam early March and a few weeks later flying off to the orient. The only down side is the flight if I have to do coach......but its a small price to pay in the way of discomfort to have a fabulous experience.

My TA just called...got a reservation in a cat 2A (with balcony) on a non smoking share.

Was told the pre and post cruise hotel packages will be announced once the ship is fully booked. Atlantis rep stated the way the calls are coming in the ship should be sold out very quickly. Of course as the more expensive cabins remain, bookings could slow, and then there are the cancellations.

I hope to do a post hotel package depending on how pricey it is.....Singapore is no cheap town.

I liked the size of ship when on the Rio cruise (Oceania), so this ship will be like coming home. However I expect Azamara to be more to my liking...didn't care for Oceania much.

Hey Rodraad...are you bringing a husband this time?

Rodraad...great! Are you doing a share or busting the bank as a single?

Will you be scheduling your own tours like you did on the Rio cruise or going with the ship's tours. I intend to look into these ports of call a little more closely this weekend to see what they are all about.

2 Boys.....wow, so many Atlantis cruises on your score card....I'm only at 8. But if you add in all the RSVP cruises I am right up there with you.

I wonder if we met on the Rio cruise? I did meet Rodraad on the Insignia...nice guy.

As to this cruise....I am surprised that a cruise like this is offered sl close in...ususally over a year away when the books open up. Wish they could book a entire plane for passengers....wouldn't that be fun!

Yes Rodraad breaks the bank

and gets a single

(well you know the Rodraad might catch a husband, those traps have to work someday lolllllll):rolleyes:

Vietnam prefer to do with group tours

Thailand rather be by myself

Thoughts:

I would love to catch a 10:00 flight out in Singapore. Think I should risk it?

(It is also tempting to leave cruise at Koh Samui ... which is drop dead gorgeous)

You should rent a husband for the cruise.......;)

Flying out of Singapore.....suggest giving yourself some wiggle room.

Me, I intend to do a post cruise hotel package to see Singapore. Hong Kong...did that whle it was under Brittish control. If there is one thing I must convince people to do is this: ride the star ferry across the harbour late at night from Hong Kong back to Kawloon (mainland) where the ship should be docked. Seeing and hearing the harbour that never sleeps is a memory you will never forget. Also see Victorisa peak. Shopping at the Ocean terminal area in Kowloon is a must for shoppers.

For jewelry gals, forgo Hong Kong and hit Thailand...the prices are fab!

If I stay in Hong Kong a day or two precruise....it will be for the food.....all you foodies......join me.

Now all I have to do is hope for a nice guy for a room mate......nice= fun, rolls with the punches, doesn't complain about the inconveniences of international travel and wants to see things, not dance all night and sleep all day (and complain if I open the balcony door in the morning). Me, Ill try to be as nice as possible and respectful of his space. Lets hope for the best.:rolleyes:

Years ago after a month toour of China I stayed at the Regent in HK.....faboo..the lobby has a wall of glass overlooking teh harbor....great for cocktails & the restaurants were topnotch....the hotel has changed hands but from what I hear the view is still teh same & the restaurants are great....

Agree with your opinion of the view. If I had your money, I would be booking a room at the Pennisula ...love their trade mark Rolls Royce hotel cars....if I remember correctly they are all dark green in color. Showing up at the pier in a Rolls...how tacky but soooooooo me.:D

Had tea there - but I was young???? and thought I would like the REGENT better...actually I did..I got sick in China & I still remember the Butler pouring my bath & taking very good care of me....but the Habor views from the suite & lobby have stayed w/ me all these years...at the time..1984...Regent also had Rolls to take us away..I even had one for an evening..went to RED LIPS and Waltzing Mathidas....

Don't forget to bargain in all the stores...there still are bargains & having a suit made is worth the time if you are there for a few days...enjoy!

This sold much like the first Baltic sailing in 2007, only even faster as the Asia ship is much smaller. Sounds like it will be a wonderful time and lots of exciting new ports. Methinks Rich will go for a larger ship if he can swing it in 2010 and a similar route to grow the client base to that new destination. I'll be in Puerto Vallarta this fall given my multiple mortgages. Rodraad will fill me in on what I miss ;)

I am hoping for a New Zealnd cruise on one of the Celebrity cruises. If it could be aligned with the Sydney Mardi Gras...wouldn't that be incredible. I have been to Sydney and would love to return...breakfast at the outdoor cafe next to the Opera house...then take the ferry over to Manly beach.

As New Zealand is the home of extreme sports....I could finally bungee jump, and do the Zorb.

So here is hoping for new Zealand..not to mentions Kiwis taste great!:D

Archived