Misty fjords and glacier fly?

tayl

Hi I'm still a little confused. I'm going to book a misty fjords float plane excursion. For a considerably higher fee we can extend this into a glacial fly over as well.

My question: is it worth the extra money?

Or, is the misty fjords enough?

I know that southeast aviation and island wings offer this.

I just need to know if it's worth the extra money.

Thanks again for any advice.

Do you want to see glaciers from the air (different view from front facing)??? Are you booked on any other flightseeing?? Does this cost have you cutting back on another tour of interest??? All points I suggest you consider.

Hi BQ,

Yes this has me cutting back on other possible excursions. I thought while we were already on this flight if it was worth the extra $$$$ perhaps we should include the glacial. This is my first trip to Alaska, and I'm not sure what to do. Thanks BQ

Only my general advice- give yourself varied Alaska experiences. Doing a regular Misty fjords float plane tour and something else in another port of interest is going to probably give you more. Does your itinerary have your ship sailing Glacier Bay or Hubbard?? These are both excellent glacier experiences.

We're going to glacier bay for the day with holland america. It sounds as if the misty fjords float plane may be enough. Thanks so much for your advice as it's difficult to know how to get a well rounded experience.

Any other advice is greatly appreciated. We are in Juneau, ketchikan and Sitka.

Budget Queen - you're the best!

We went on an Alaska cruise a few years ago, and thought it would be our only trip there, but, it was our favorite of over 10 cruises and we are going back this September.

We valued Budget Queen's advise and she helped us plan and enjoy our trip immensely.

The Misty Fjords are spectacular. If you can't book Island Wings, try Carlin Air.

In Juneau, we highly recommend contacting Orca Enterprises and arranging a whale watch with Captain Larry. This year, we are going to have them drop us off at the glacier and ride the shuttle back to town. In fact, Orca can also handle the arrangements for the Misty Fjords flight too at no extra cost.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Hi wvufan,

I appreciate the input and will check this out.

New question: I read on another post that the helicopter glacial landing is also excellent. ( I think Budget Queen mentioned this)

So, If I could only participate in one - misty fjords float plane in ketchikan or coastal helicopter glacial landing (there are two price ranges)...... Which one would be the best for our first alaska visit?

Archived