Just back from Adventure of the Seas. Excellent!!

Here is my short review.

Stayed at the Sheraton, the night before. It met my expectations but the price was high. It is located in Old San Juan across from another cruise ship pier.

We did alot of walking in Old San Juan. Reminded me alot of Old Quebec.

Arrived at the pier about 11.30am we were on the ship within 20minutes.

This is our second cruise. The first one we took was so far my best vacation. This cruise beat it by a long shot!!

The ship was beautiful, the staff were polite. The cruise director was awesome. There is always something do to on this ship.

The food was incredibule especially on lobster night. In fact, I had 2 portions. That is what is so nice, if you like something, you can order second's. I even read somebody had 4 portions.

Aruba: we did the Jolly Roger's snorkeling tour. The tour provider was good, the only negative is that the site were we were taken, there was also 2 other ships snorkeling at the same spot. At well the waves were pretty high.

Curracao: we did a half day snorkeling tour with Actief. It was the best snorkeling that I ever did. I found it better then Grand Caymen. The tour guide brought us to Directors Bay or Spanish Bay.

St.Maartin: we went to Orient Beach for the day. Again the waves were pretty high. I was hoping to do some snorkeling here as well but decided to rent a jet ski. What a blast!! Beautiful long beach.

St.Thomas: we did a tour with Godfried. I had booked with Sunny Liston, but Godfried picked us up. I was very impressed with this tour. He brought us shopping for a few hours, then some sightseeing for a while then we were brought to Saphire Beach for 2 hours.(we had a choice between Magen, Coki or Saphire) This beach was beautiful. The snorkeling was also pretty good. It has a shallow reef near the beach with a restaurant and general store on site.

I want to point out that the ship activities were just as fun and enjoyable as the port days.

If you have any questions, I would be glad to try and answer them.

Thanks,

thanks for taking the time to write this. I'll be on her in september. how were the other passengers? do you have any compasses? what were some of the onboard activities (besides the bingo, rockwall, trivia)? Were there dance classes offered? Was there a lot of waiting in line? did you ever feel crowded?

thanks for taking the time to write this. I'll be on her in september. how were the other passengers? do you have any compasses? what were some of the onboard activities (besides the bingo, rockwall, trivia)? Were there dance classes offered? Was there a lot of waiting in line? did you ever feel crowded?

I found the other passengers to be very good. I think the bad reviews about bad behaviour occured when the ship was not very busy. I am only assuming this. My reasoning is if the ship is not full, then they will sell their cabins at lower prices to the locals.

I did not keep copies of compasses but I am sure somebody has some.

There were several pool games, organized games such as dodgeball, basketball. Quest, was very fun to see and participate in. At Bingo, you have a chance to win a cruise. Art auctions, if that is your thing, and several shopping promotions on board the ship.

Yes, there was dance classes offered, Latin, hip hop, and another one, that I can't remember.

Our sailing was sold out. I found the lines went very fast and organized.

The Winjammer and Island Grill both had 2 different lines a person could choose The only time that it felt a little crowded was on ship days by the pool. If you want a chair by the pool, I recommend getting one by 9am-9:30am. If not, there are lots on deck 12. The pool is on deck 11.

My question is about Curaco Actief. I have a 1/2 snorkel trip booked with them for next week as I have heard many good things about them. But I have also heard that they sometimes do not provide life vests even though people have asked for them in advance. Did you or anyone on your trip run into this problem? I feel more comfortable with a vest when I'm in unfamilar water! Thanks!

What time were people able to get off the ship in San Juan? The airlines changed our flight and we have a 9:50 flight out. We will walk off with our luggage if we have to, but what time were people able to leave the ship. Thanks for the review.

I would suggest calling the airlines and switching flights. Making a 9:50 flight is risky. Sometimes there are holdups with customs. The airlines switched my flights 2 years ago and I called explaining that I was leaving from a cruise ship and that would be a bit difficult. They had no problem switching me to a later flight.

Jen

Was also on this sailing. What a great cruise!

To answer one question, they started disembarkation for early birds at 8:00, general started at 8:30. We were off at 8:30, got our luggage (customs didn't even look at the forms, just took it) and was in a cab in 15 minutes total. Trip to airport was quick and there were no real lines yet. Suggest if you have a 9:50 flight, you carry off your luggage.

What time were people able to get off the ship in San Juan? The airlines changed our flight and we have a 9:50 flight out. We will walk off with our luggage if we have to' date=' but what time were people able to leave the ship. Thanks for the review.[/quote']

People with earlyer flights have priority for leaving the ship. I am not sure, but I think around 7am you would be able to leave the ship.

We had a late flight out so we took our time.

My question is about Curaco Actief. I have a 1/2 snorkel trip booked with them for next week as I have heard many good things about them. But I have also heard that they sometimes do not provide life vests even though people have asked for them in advance. Did you or anyone on your trip run into this problem? I feel more comfortable with a vest when I'm in unfamilar water! Thanks!

I believe in an email they sent us, they asked how many life vests were needed. If you didn't request one, I thought I seen some extra ones in the van. The vests are thin and don't take up much room.

You are going to love this excursion.

Have fun.

I would suggest calling the airlines and switching flights. Making a 9:50 flight is risky. Sometimes there are holdups with customs. The airlines switched my flights 2 years ago and I called explaining that I was leaving from a cruise ship and that would be a bit difficult. They had no problem switching me to a later flight.

Jen

I agree with Jen, by the time we got off the ship and at the airport it was 10am. Mind you departing the ship went fast.

hi, great to hear you had a wonderful cruise...i love this itin.

Can you share what your entertainment line up was.

I emailed c&a and they gave me the wrong info...

Thanks.

I'm sorry but I did not keep copies of the ship compass so I will try and go by memory.

Sunday juggler/comedian- good

Monday -production show- very good

Tuesday Ice skating- excellent

Wednesday-I don't remember?

Thursday-singer- excellent; also ice skating again

Friday- production show- did not attend

Saturday juggler/another comedian-excellent

Plus other activities in the evening: Art auctions, bingos, trivia, Karioke, Quest, etc.

We're leaving on AOS this coming Sunday and are trying to plan a night for a Portofino meal. Do you remember which the formal nights were and which night was Lobster?

I am really glad to hear you did not experience the widespread shortages so frequently reported on the last 2 cruises - sometimes I wonder if there are two different AOS's sailing out there?

... Cal

We're leaving on AOS this coming Sunday and are trying to plan a night for a Portofino meal. Do you remember which the formal nights were and which night was Lobster?

I am really glad to hear you did not experience the widespread shortages so frequently reported on the last 2 cruises - sometimes I wonder if there are two different AOS's sailing out there?

... Cal

Here is a copy of the menus, mind you anything can change but our lobster night was on Friday per the attached menus.

Formal nights were the days at sea.

http://www.thepreismans.com/Freedom_menus.htm

Hope this helps.

So, how did you cope with the great beer shortage????

We just noticed it latter in the cruise. When it comes to beer, were are not too picky, however DW prefers light beer.

There was one morning, I seen the cruise Director return to the ship with a van full of Corona, so there must have been a shortage on this brand!

We just noticed it latter in the cruise. When it comes to beer, were are not too picky, however DW prefers light beer.

There was one morning, I seen the cruise Director return to the ship with a van full of Corona, so there must have been a shortage on this brand!

They sent the CD on a beer run!?!?! LOL That must have been a funny sight.

I'm boarding AOS this Sunday and absolutely can't wait! Beer shortage or not, nothings going to ruin my good time! We've been waiting for this trip waaaay to long!

I was on this cruise too... and I agree it was one of the best!

I do have all of the Cruise Compasses if you want to know something -- I'm not really into computers, so I have no idea how to scan them.

Formal Nights are on Monday and Thursday, and Lobster was served on Friday. We went to Portofino on Tuesday night, which ironically was Italian night (or Venetian Night) in the dining room. We made our Portofino reservation first thing after we got on board.

IFormal Nights are on Monday and Thursday, and Lobster was served on Friday. We went to Portofino on Tuesday night, which ironically was Italian night (or Venetian Night) in the dining room. We made our Portofino reservation first thing after we got on board.

If lobster night is Friday, was it also served on Monday and Thursday or did they not have Lobster at the formal dinners? What special things were served for the formal nights?

Is there only one 1/2 day snorkeling trip through Curacao-Actief? Do you know what the main difference is between doing a 1/2 day or an all day? We did the Desert & Caves tour with them last year and thought it was just fabulous. My kids thought it was the best excursion we did. Did you see a large variety of fish and did you snorkel off a boat or just walk into the water?

Archived