Carry on baggage size limit...

chewie44

I will be on the NCL Gem transatlantic on April 19th. What is the size and weight limit for a carry on baggage?:confused:

Does anyone know what size and weight limit is for the airports both here and in Europe?:confused: I will be staying in Europe for a week after the cruise, and I will need to know what I can carry on the planes.

I would appreciate anyone's expertise.:)

Thanks.

Depending on the airline you are flying, I would visit their website or call them. I'm on Air Tahiti Nui from LAX to Paris and I went to their website, and it's in English so I could read and understand it. Then from Paris to Rome I'm on Air France, UH OH, BIG PROBLEM. When you go to Air France website it asks residence U.S. or France. If you choose U.S. it is in English, but different rules apply for International travel from U.S. to Paris. If you go choose France, it's in French so I couldn't even understand it. I called Air France to find out the restrictions/requirements for what they call Domestic flights regarding baggage size & weight.

Flight from US to Europe is 50 lbs and carry-on is 22 lbs.

Flight from Paris to Rome is 44 lbs and carry-on is 26 lbs.

So I'll have to keep with the 44 lbs for the big suitcase and then only 22 lbs for the carry-on. I don't want to pay huge overweight fees.

Good Luck!

Depending on the airline you are flying, I would visit their website or call them. I'm on Air Tahiti Nui from LAX to Paris and I went to their website, and it's in English so I could read and understand it. Then from Paris to Rome I'm on Air France, UH OH, BIG PROBLEM. When you go to Air France website it asks residence U.S. or France. If you choose U.S. it is in English, but different rules apply for International travel from U.S. to Paris. If you go choose France, it's in French so I couldn't even understand it. I called Air France to find out the restrictions/requirements for what they call Domestic flights regarding baggage size & weight.

Flight from US to Europe is 50 lbs and carry-on is 22 lbs.

Flight from Paris to Rome is 44 lbs and carry-on is 26 lbs.

So I'll have to keep with the 44 lbs for the big suitcase and then only 22 lbs for the carry-on. I don't want to pay huge overweight fees.

Good Luck!

IF your ticket is a THROUGH ticket from LAX to Rome, your US luggage allowance applies. If this was booked as two tickets-LAX to Paris, then a separate ticket from Paris to Rome, the European luggage allowance applies in Europe.

IF your ticket is a THROUGH ticket from LAX to Rome, your US luggage allowance applies. If this was booked as two tickets-LAX to Paris, then a separate ticket from Paris to Rome, the European luggage allowance applies in Europe.

Yup you got it. I purchased from two different sites as the prices were better doing it that way. I knew the limitations on the Domestic portion, but to save $500 pp I decided to do it that way. If we have to wear the same clothes twice, so be it. I don't think anyone is going to be looking.

If your carryon is over the weight limit, they won't charge you for being overweight..They will make you take stuff out until it meets the limit, and won't let you through check in until you do. then you have to figure out what to do with what you took out, especially if the number of things you can carry on with you is limited... Carryon weight is limited by what they think should be safe for the overhead bins. EM

If anyone is flying through an airport in the UK, please check the restrictions right before you leave (in case of changes). They are very strict; at this time, only one carry-on is allowed per person (if you have a purse- that's your carry-on!). (This is not just for British Airways; this is for all flights on any airline- this is a UK security rule, not an airline rule.)

We flew through Amsterdam and Paris this summer- one carry-on plus one personal item per person. Carry-ons were not weighed, but did have to fit through the standard x-ray machines. But this could change!

You might find more info on the Cruise Air Forum.

Archived