What is The Quest?

The Quest is great - would never miss it. At the begining of the show they tell you over & over that if you get offended at certain things (can't actually mention what without giving it away) then you need to leave. I must disagree also that it is better on the smaller ships we've played 2x on Mariner and once on Jewel and the Jewel Quest couldn't even come near being as good as it was on the Mariner. But then again I think our enjoyment of the Quest on the Mariner had A LOT to do with the CD at both times we played being Becky (Love). But then again we think Becky is the best CD and makes everything more enjoyable.

But I'm sure there are people out there that will disagree with that aspect also. The Quest, Love & Marriage, and poolside games better with the best CD - Becky - Becky Where Are You:confused:

We can't tell you, that would take the fun out of it.

Go, don't miss it, It's so much fun!!! You'll laugh your head off.

I figured a few people would give this answer (for good reason) I will just add that its good to not come prepared by knowing too much. You will thank us later, I know I did.

My wife headed off to bed early when we went on our Alaska cruise last summer, but I made sure not to miss the fun. I sat down with a group of girls who had no idea what the game was about, but I told them that with my help our group would be victorious. And we won. And I have plenty of embarrassing photos to prove it :)

This reminds me of one thing I will tell people about quest. Teams with both male and females have the best chance and if you are a guy and can find a team of girls that need a guy, it can be very fun. You said Alaska, so I know this wasn't you on Majesty last May. That guy had a good time.

I have a friend who cruises RCI at least 3-4 times a year, and he always participates in The Quest. I kind of feel bad for the "first timers" in those audiences, because he knows the game so well and knows what things to anticipate that he takes the fun out of the "questing" .

This is another reason for not discussing too much in detail. A good cruise director should change things up enough to render too much preparation a waste.

We've been to the Quest 3x, participated a little twice. It really is good fun. What exactly can be "that" offensive?? I have tons of clips btw. Anyone want pics or anything? lmao I guarantee that even my spiritual leader would not stop laughing.

Like someone said, it is a bit bawdy but out of curiousity, can someone clarify what they found offensive?

(PS there are always teenagers there, even younger)

The Quest is great - would never miss it. At the begining of the show they tell you over & over that if you get offended at certain things (can't actually mention what without giving it away) then you need to leave. I must disagree also that it is better on the smaller ships we've played 2x on Mariner and once on Jewel and the Jewel Quest couldn't even come near being as good as it was on the Mariner. But then again I think our enjoyment of the Quest on the Mariner had A LOT to do with the CD at both times we played being Becky (Love). But then again we think Becky is the best CD and makes everything more enjoyable.

But I'm sure there are people out there that will disagree with that aspect also. The Quest, Love & Marriage, and poolside games better with the best CD - Becky - Becky Where Are You:confused:

Yes, I agree Quest on Jewel was a bit disappointing. We love it, and enjoy doing it as teams, not as sections.

I just looked at the video that Head Shot posted. I know if I had been there, I'd laugh at the stuff people were doing, but it did confirm what another poster said...each cruise director must put their own twist on the game.

When I went on the Explorer - it was totally PG-13, if even that. I couldn't even imagine why people on some boards mentioned they were offended by Quest. The game on the video looked like that particular cruise director & participants had a bit more liberal view of fun. I guess best rule of thumb is if you know things with sexual references or whatever may make you uncomfortable, sit closer to an exit where you can easily get up & leave if this isn't your cup of tea. All in all though, I still think its pretty tame fun.

We went to our first Qwest Presidents week on Voyager and got there early with some new friends. We were the captains of our team...and I did most of the guy things for our section (3). It was a riot. Definitely go...even if its on a big ship in Studio B and you don't participate.

Eric the CR asked if we wanted the adult qwest or the ADULT Qwest. People wanted the ADULT Qwest. Some women were giving the cruise director a lot of heat afterwards. I'm not sure why they stayed if they were offended.

I just looked at the video that Head Shot posted. I know if I had been there, I'd laugh at the stuff people were doing, but it did confirm what another poster said...each cruise director must put their own twist on the game.

When I went on the Explorer - it was totally PG-13, if even that. I couldn't even imagine why people on some boards mentioned they were offended by Quest. The game on the video looked like that particular cruise director & participants had a bit more liberal view of fun. I guess best rule of thumb is if you know things with sexual references or whatever may make you uncomfortable, sit closer to an exit where you can easily get up & leave if this isn't your cup of tea. All in all though, I still think its pretty tame fun.

There was at least one couple that walked out before all of the racier stuff- I couldn't figure out why. Perhaps they were bored with it. That girl Olivia that rolled with another girl was by herself. She made the best of it by incorporating other unteamed or teamed persons to help her get points. She really knew how to have fun.

LOGAN1 2000,

Was your name taken from Logan's Run? I loved that movie.

I did like it 33 years ago when it came out, but no, the name traces its origins to the airport where I met DW (we started chatting at the gate while waiting for the same flight, so I swapped seats and sat next to her, decided at 33,000 feet that I wanted her to be the mother of my child and that I wanted to share my life with her and after I proposed on our 9th date, I moved to where she lived and we'll celebrate our 16th anniversary this year). Our beloved and departed first child was named logan, too--he had 4 legs and a tail and was a black lab we adopted as a sleepy 8 week old puppy, and he lived to age 14 with us.

• 4 weeks later...
Just thought I'd revisit this thread... just got off Grandeur yesterday morning, and I thought I'd mention that once again, our group came in 1st place for the Quest game! :) We kicked major butt, I must say.

As soon as my wife, brother and I arrived, we scoped out seats in the front, and we began scoping out potential teammates. We found two couples to join us (after I interviewed and evaluated their potential).

We missed maybe two items. Go team!

Don't miss the Quest, it is so much fun and you will laugh so hard.
I have been a participant many times and we came in first place twice, go and have fun!
We were on the Navigator last month and my son and daughter-in-law were with us and did not have a clue what Quest was and went with us and
laughed so hard they cried.

Just got off Explorer last week. I took part in the Quest and our team won. This was mostly down to the willingness of the people sat behind us to take part. I have read all over these boards about hand sanitizers due to outbreaks of Noro on board ships. I couldn't help but think about this as my team-mate runner ran towards the cruise director carrying some ladies false teeth. Very hygenic:rolleyes:, but very funny. When the lady got her teeth back she just popped them straight back in. 30 seconds later her daughter was handing me her bra:eek: Interesting game:D

Lawrence

Archived