One Year Ago

SPARKLE10

Hi:

I'm sitting here at work wondering why I'm feeling so sad today and then I looked at the date and realized that one year ago we were getting ready to go on the Sapphire Princess to New Zealand and Australia. Out of the 40+ cruises I've taken in the past 23 years, this one keeps coming to mind as the best one ever. We had such a good time on our cruise and then we did the five day post tour in Australia after we disembarked in Sydney. I thought it would be a very long time before I was able to go back, but I've booked another cruise for next year. This time, we're not going to New Zealand, but our cruise does leave from Sydney and we're going two days early to try and see some more of this wonderful city. You could spend months there and never see everything.

To those going there for the first time, you are in for a very special cruise.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

glad to hear you had such a good cruise in our neck of the woods that you are coming back.

get out your photos and relive it.

I can understand why you feel sad today though, I live here and think it was an amazing cruise on an amazing ship.

Be interesting to compare cruises after i have been on the mariner to the carribean

Me too

Shirley and I loved Sapphire so much when we cruised NZ Jan 05 we did it again Feb 07, reverse order.

Anita, you said you have booked again for OZ in 2009. What cruise are you on?

We are doing the Northern Explorer on Sun Princess departing April 09. Lived here most of our lives (at least I have, Shirleys a pom) and although we have travelled a fair bit we have never been to Far Nth Qld, The Territory or the West Coast.

cheers

Hi Flipper 133:

We were in Brisbane last March and we really had a great time. Every stop we made was better than the last.

We'll be on one of the few RCCL ships that we haven't sailed on to date. We have the Rhapsody of the Seas booked for "15 Day South Pacific Cruise" which leaves on 13 April 2009, from Sydney; but we plan on going two days early to see more of the wonderful city of Sydney. We go to Cook Islands and Bora Bora; Moorea; and Papeete, Tahiti, for the very first time; and then to Hawaii, which we've cruised to many times. What is even more exiciting is; I booked a B2B, and we're staying on the ship and stopping in Honolulu, Kauai, Lahaina, Kona, and Hilo, before sailing to Vancouver, where we fly home on 8 May 2009. This is our very first B2B and we were lucky enough to get the same cabin to stay in the entire voyage. Also making this a very exciting cruise is, that I'm making it my retirement cruise so I won't be sad when this one ends, as I won't be returning to work. So, I might be celebrating more on this cruise, than I have the last 40+ cruises I've taken in the past.:D

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

What wonderful B2B retirement cruises you have organised - enjoy!!

We loved every minute of our repositioning cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas last year from Honolulu to Sydney, via the South Pacific islands. Precruise we spent 10 days in Hawaii/Honolulu and postcruise we spent 5 days in Sydney. We always wish we could stay longer. You will love the ports of call.

This year we are organising B2B cruises from Italy to USA to Chile, which certainly adds to the excitement of touring.

Hi:

I'm sitting here at work wondering why I'm feeling so sad today and then I looked at the date and realized that one year ago we were getting ready to go on the Sapphire Princess to New Zealand and Australia. Out of the 40+ cruises I've taken in the past 23 years, this one keeps coming to mind as the best one ever. We had such a good time on our cruise and then we did the five day post tour in Australia after we disembarked in Sydney. I thought it would be a very long time before I was able to go back, but I've booked another cruise for next year. This time, we're not going to New Zealand, but our cruise does leave from Sydney and we're going two days early to try and see some more of this wonderful city. You could spend months there and never see everything.

To those going there for the first time, you are in for a very special cruise.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

We are doing the NZ to Australia cruise next February. It is so nice to hear your enthusiasm.

• 1 month later...

We did the Tahiti trip right after we retired, and it was wonderful. I'm sure you wil have a fabulous time, and the back to back will make it so special. It truly is a different feeling at the end of the trip now,though. Before, I never wanted to go home, but now going home is just going home, not back to work. That's something to get used to, but in a good way! We did a 19 day trip to California and the Mexican Rivierain Feb., and that was the first trip I was ready to go home at the end. Retirement is everything you ever thought it would be--for me, traveling without time or schedule restraints is one great bonus! Enjoy.:D

We did the Tahiti trip right after we retired, and it was wonderful. I'm sure you wil have a fabulous time, and the back to back will make it so special. It truly is a different feeling at the end of the trip now,though. Before, I never wanted to go home, but now going home is just going home, not back to work. That's something to get used to, but in a good way! We did a 19 day trip to California and the Mexican Rivierain Feb., and that was the first trip I was ready to go home at the end. Retirement is everything you ever thought it would be--for me, traveling without time or schedule restraints is one great bonus! Enjoy.:D

You are so right. It definately will be "something to get use to" but definaitely in a good way. I never thought of it that way before. Three more years and I can try it out.

Marilee

Archived