James Bond Beach

sbwaldrep

Hi all! I am new to this board but I hope that I haven't missed the answer to this question somewhere else. My husband, myself and 2 year old daughter will be on CCL Imagination in Sept. We picked (well DH picked) Jamaica specifically when he saw James Bond Beach on the map. I can't find anything on the beach and Carnival doesn't do an excursion. Any recommendations? I saw on Marva Shaws website that they offer the beach/school/shopping one, but wasn't sure about the school portion of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks bunches!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!! If you can't find an answer here there probably isn't an answer!

I did a quick search and came up with these threads many of which discuss James Bond Beach:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=9221311

You also might find this helpful:

http://jamaica-guide.info/attractions/beaches/james.bond.beach/

Hire a private driver when you get off the ship and tell them that you want to go to James Bond Beach. The driver should also recommend a few other stops along the way that you did not even know exist because they are not the "usual" places that cruise ship passengers request. Make the most of your day in Jamaica and ride around.

Hmmm..never heard this one.

The old pier on the west side of the Ocho harbor is called the James Bond Pier because of its use in the film Dr No.

Other scenes from this movie were filmed on the beach below Dunn's River Falls so perhaps this has that moniker too.

But I agree that if you ask a local cabbie....he'll take you to James Bond Beach. Two cabbies might not take you to the SAME beach tho :D

Archived