Crown & Anchor Level Question

My wife and I are sailing the Voyager OTS on our 5th RCCL cruise next month, and we just got a letter from C & A congratulating us on reaching platinum level.

Now I had assumed (from what I had read) that the platinum level perks ensued after the 5th cruise when you went on your 6th voyage. Does this mean that we will get platinum perks on this cruise? The only perk I would particularly care about is priority boarding.

So anyway, can someone tell me what the correct interpretation is of the policy? All answers are truly appreciated. :)

Platinum is after your fifth cruise credit. If you sailed in a JS or above or had a 12 night or longer cruise in any of your prior sailings, you'd get an extra credit for each. In other words, a JS or above would give you 2 credits instead of one. Any cabin on a 12 night or longer would give you two credits and a JS or above on a 12 night or longer would give you 3 credits.

Our cruise placing us at the Diamond level is in May and we just got a letter welcoming us to Diamond status. I immediately emailed my TA about this and she contacted C&A and they verified that they have us as Diamond and they knocked another $100 off our balcony cabin. I am not going to argue with this......I did notice that this letter arrived after we made our final payment on the qualifying cruise, for what that's worth.

Our cruise placing us at the Diamond level is in May and we just got a letter welcoming us to Diamond status. I immediately emailed my TA about this and she contacted C&A and they verified that they have us as Diamond and they knocked another $100 off our balcony cabin. I am not going to argue with this......I did notice that this letter arrived after we made our final payment on the qualifying cruise, for what that's worth.

That's awesome, so it looks like we will get the perks this time! We have paid in full (a couple of months back, actually) so maybe this is their way of thanking us! Like you, I will not argue if they want to give us the perks early. :) I will check with our TA, too, just to be sure. Thank you very much for the info!

We are still at gold eventhough on a prior cruise we were in a JS. I just sent C&A an email about this so hopefully I will be bumped too since I have 5 credits already although they are only showing 4.

Recently there have been a lot of problems with the C&A cruise credit program. Our credits have changed several times while we were between cruises. Don't know what the problem is but the results seem to be more cruise credits than some of us actually have.

Examples include credit for a cruise we didn't do. Credit for a cruise we changed but kept the reservation number and credit for two cruises that we only went on once . Go figure :p

Anyway, we know how many we've done and we try to keep 'em straight at C&A. They always treat us fairly so we try to do the same. :cool:

:) Enjoy :)

that's good to know! My Diamond is in May as well. I'm going to keep an eye out for that letter.

I agree that there system is a little messed up. Their website shows me at 4 credits but states that I am Platinum. I have actually completed 7 RCI cruises (none in a suite) and you can see this on my cruise history section of their site . My husband who has completed 7 cruises with me has 8 credits thus giving me my Platinum status.:rolleyes: He is given credit for a cruise that we had booked but never took b/c we changed it to another date. I have talked with C&A but they can't really do anything about it. I print out a copy of my cruise history after each cruise to keep in my records in case there is ever any question. I guess at this point just enjoy the perk. :)

What I was told by RCI is that back in May of 2007 they instituted an integration program which did not go as planned and has screwed up all the cruise credits. Since May of 07, their IT Department has promised a fix "soon" but no fix has come. It prevents, I'm assuming among other things, C&A from adding credits if there is anything different in your reservation. For example, on my last cruise, since I had given a second phone number as a contact, it got put into a different file from my other cruises and C&A can't move it. That second file has my credits from my last cruise plus my DD's child C&A membership but they can't mate it to my main C&A account that has all my other credits. When I called to book my upcoming cruise, they assured me that they are aware of the problem and that they show the correct number of credits in their system, its just not converting to what we can see. They suggested that I just verify my credits when I book.

It's the same here! I have 4 cruise credits (I did sail in a GS, but that was in 2003, so just one credit earned). The website has the cruises and credits correct, but has showed me as platinum for the past 5 or 6 months. I attributed it to the glitch. Then, yesterday I received a letter from C&A welcoming me to Platinum Status. To me, this is more than a glitch, this is a confirmation that they consider me Platinum even though I should still be Gold. Too bad I have decided not to sail with RCI this year, because I'd love to get the Platinum benefits now, one sailing before I am truly entitled to them.

Archived