Turkish Visa

DP

Has anyone had any experience in obtaining a Visa at the port upon disembarkation in Istanbul?

We are staying overnight and thus require Visas and have been told I can get them at the port. But want to make sure this is possible.

Thanks

Has anyone had any experience in obtaining a Visa at the port upon disembarkation in Istanbul?

We are staying overnight and thus require Visas and have been told I can get them at the port. But want to make sure this is possible.

Thanks

Yes they are $20 and you can get them in the terminal building,cash only

So how is the visa obtained if the first arrival into Turkey is whilst actually on the cruise?

This will be the case for us whilst on an Italy, Greek Islands and Turkey cruise on the Spirit in June/July (Venice - Istanbul).

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced this on how the Turkish visa is obtained.

Thank you for any help.:)

Sue

So how is the visa obtained if the first arrival into Turkey is whilst actually on the cruise?

This will be the case for us whilst on an Italy, Greek Islands and Turkey cruise on the Spirit in June/July (Venice - Istanbul).

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced this on how the Turkish visa is obtained.

Thank you for any help.:)

Sue

If you arrive by air you buy one at the airport before baggage/customs. On the ship Seabourn will provide them before you leave (at a price)

If you arrive by air you buy one at the airport before baggage/customs. On the ship Seabourn will provide them before you leave (at a price)

Do you know how much Seabourn charges on the ship, please?

Is it not possible to get one cheaper in Turkey when one arrives at the first Turkish port of call (in our case Fethyie)?

Seabourn doesn't charge a fee for the visa. It is, I believe, US$20. It is very, very easy to obtain.

If flying in the visa window is to the left of passport control and takes about 1 minute to obtain. If arriving by sea, either the visas will be issued right on board or as you depart in the small cruise terminal.

There really is nothing to it, so don't worry.:)

Seabourn doesn't charge a fee for the visa. It is, I believe, US$20. It is very, very easy to obtain.

If flying in the visa window is to the left of passport control and takes about 1 minute to obtain. If arriving by sea, either the visas will be issued right on board or as you depart in the small cruise terminal.

There really is nothing to it, so don't worry.:)

Seabourn charges a lot more than $20. Last year we had to pay cost (?) of Turkish official coming aboard ship and checking passports. At least $50 and I think more. They do`nt miss a trick.

Seabourn charges a lot more than $20. Last year we had to pay cost (?) of Turkish official coming aboard ship and checking passports. At least $50 and I think more. They do`nt miss a trick.

Yes, if you are arriving at Istanbul Airport the visas are very easy to obtain and we have done this when departing from Istanbul on a cruise.

Has anyone else had recent experience of arriving on a cruise into Istanbul as we are getting differing opions of how visa issuance works in this case and the cost?!

I don't feel like paying Seabourn $50+ per person if the visa is normally only $20 and I can somehow do it myself for that price.:mad:

I am curious if the $50 was for a visa obtained upon arrival or if it was pre-cruise. A Turkish visa is more expensive (I think $50) if obtained in advance.

It was charged on board ship to all those disembarking at Istanbul.

Along the lines of the visa question: How long is the visa good for? We fly into Istanbul and will acquire one at the airport; embark ship the next day; then return a week later from the Black Sea for a day in Istanbul before continuing the cruise (still on Seabourn) to Venice. I would assume that the original visa I acquired at the airport would still be good, or would I have to get another one because I had "left the country". If the latter is true, then I join in the request to find a cheaper way than paying $50 for a $20 visa!

Thanks for any information.

Jim

I have confirmed Jane's information from two sources. If you are flying into Istanbul to embark ship at that point, and will re-enter Istanbul (weeks) later as the ship stops for one day on the way to Venice, do request (at your entry in the Istanbul airport) a MULTIPLE-ENTRY VISA, as opposed to a single entry visa. The former allows you to enter and leave Turkey multiple times within a 3 month (for US citizens) period at no additional charge, whereas the latter would allow only a single entry and you would have to pay for a second visa (another $20.00) on re-entry. The cost for both is the same, $20.00. http://www.travelplanner.com and http://www.learn4good.com/travel/turkey

Jim

Glad that some issues with the turkish visa are clear now.

However, those of us arriving in Turkey for the first time whilst on a Seabourn cruise still need answers regarding how visa is obtained and cost.

Can anyone help, please?

Sue

From what I can find, Sue, it seems that at every port there is a place to buy the visa stamp. One thing I did read is that if you are a UK citizen, you need GB Pounds, nothing else. And at the way htings go these days, it means you are paying twice as much as a US ctizen.

Glad that some issues with the turkish visa are clear now.

However, those of us arriving in Turkey for the first time whilst on a Seabourn cruise still need answers regarding how visa is obtained and cost.

Can anyone help, please?

Sue

I´m in Spain at the moment and because the weather is not very good, I checked this board.

Seabourn asked us 70 dollars for a Turkish visum last year. We denied the offer and bought one in the port of Bodrum for 15euros.

Hasta luego!

Marja

From what I can find, Sue, it seems that at every port there is a place to buy the visa stamp. One thing I did read is that if you are a UK citizen, you need GB Pounds, nothing else. And at the way htings go these days, it means you are paying twice as much as a US ctizen.

I do`nt think so. At the airport $20 or £10

I´m in Spain at the moment and because the weather is not very good, I checked this board.

Seabourn asked us 70 dollars for a Turkish visum last year. We denied the offer and bought one in the port of Bodrum for 15euros.

Hasta luego!

Marja

You are right maybe we were on the same Venice Istanbul Spirit cruise Sept/Oct. It was $70 and everyone was complaining. Purser`s Office said we have to bring an immigration official to the ship and that costs us. How much ??? but Seabourn lost nothing and maybe ???

Hasta luego!

Marja

Thank you for that information, Marja. That's really helpful

Hopefully we will be able to buy one either at the port of Fethyie or Kusadasi for $20 or £10 or 15 euros!

Jane, thanks also for contacting tourist information in Fethyie on our behalf - I'm sure it will help a lot of people if we can get a definitive answer here.:)

Marja, was Seabourn happy to give you your passport back during the cruise to enable you to get your own visa in Bodrum??!

Bumping in the hope of a reply from Seabourn Nail!:)

Sue

Sorry for not answering promptly, but my internet on my own laptop is off.

Seabourn had no problem at all in handing us our passports.

As a matter of fact there was a list of quite a few people who did it themselves. Others just didn't want to go through the (minimum) hassle.

Marja

Archived