upgraded to suite..unusual?

rbden

Sailing on the Glory on April 12th. Previous cruise on Carnvial back in 1999. We had booked a balcony on empress and today got a call that they upgraded us to a suite at no charge on the empress deck. HAve been a loyal RCCL cruiser..6 in a row, never an upgrade. Wow for the price i cannot believe it. anyone esle find this happens often. Thank You Carnival..you are making me a convert.:D

Suite .... errr I mean sweet upgrade!!! Hope you enjoy it. You get VIP boarding and to go to the front of the line.

Usually it seems like those who say they got upgraded would rather have their 9A aft wrap arounds or it was an upgrade from a balcony they didnt want to give up.

Glad you got a nice upgrade from a guarantee :)

Sailing on the Glory on April 12th. Previous cruise on Carnvial back in 1999. We had booked a balcony on empress and today got a call that they upgraded us to a suite at no charge on the empress deck. HAve been a loyal RCCL cruiser..6 in a row, never an upgrade. Wow for the price i cannot believe it. anyone esle find this happens often. Thank You Carnival..you are making me a convert.:D

That's exactly their intention.;)

Bill

congratulations.

by any chance did you previously hold a 9A aft wrap through a cabin assignment booking or was this a standard balcony from which you got upgraded?

A couple of years ago we booked a balcony on Royal Carribean and we were upgraded to a junior suite. This was are first cruise with them. It was a repo cruise with four sea days so it was a good cruise to have the larger cabin!

On our Nov cruise on the Destiny our tablemates had been upgraded from a non-aft balcony to a suite. It was their first cruise. I was a little disappointed the same hadn't happened for us as repeat guests, but I guess it could be Carnival's way of making them returning cruisers, which we already were.

gr82cruz, no we didnt have an aft cabin..were on the empress deck so the upgrade was same deck just a suite. where are you from? we are colorado travelling with our 8 year old daughter.

We are going on a group cruise (family) and some of us have guarantee balconies, but I don't think I'll hold my breath on getting an upgrade... I have never gotten an upgrade worth talking about.. But I haven't been on the newer ships either..

I hope you enjoy you upgrade because I would...

To be perfectly honest folks I think an upgrade to a suite on Carnival is a rare event...so if you have had one consider yourself lucky!

Carnival ships generally do not have a lot of suites so they are snapped up pretty quickly. Also...unlike the other lines...the prices on Carnival suites are not exhorbident by any stretch...so they tend to sell quickly! They don't need to give them away!

bonniemari, We were also on a Sept 2001 Victory cruise to Canada and were upgraded from an inside guarantee to a balcony on Empress. I had called that morning or the day before to know our room for the luggage tags and we had been pushed up to a balcony on Upper, but when we got to the port, they had pushed us once again. This was right after the attacks and many people had canceled. We sailed on the 29th, and had to leave out of Boston as the NY port was closed for months. Which week did you sail?

gr82cruz, no we didnt have an aft cabin..were on the empress deck so the upgrade was same deck just a suite. where are you from? we are colorado travelling with our 8 year old daughter.

Hi, we are from Rhode Island. My sons are 11 and 14 and we are traveling with my sister's family neice 12 and nephew 7. This is our first Carnival cruise, we also cruised RCI several times. Have heard great things about the Glory. Looking forward to a "fun ship"

bonniemari, We were also on a Sept 2001 Victory cruise to Canada and were upgraded from an inside guarantee to a balcony on Empress. I had called that morning or the day before to know our room for the luggage tags and we had been pushed up to a balcony on Upper, but when we got to the port, they had pushed us once again. This was right after the attacks and many people had canceled. We sailed on the 29th, and had to leave out of Boston as the NY port was closed for months. Which week did you sail?

Same cruise-we were upgraded from a 9a to Cat 11. They had so many cancellations they ran an ad in the paper for cheap cruises ($199) and just moved everyone up from what we were told. We didn't find out til we got to the check in. I was kind of bummed at first but now we are hooked on Cat 11-I love having the bathtub.

Archived