Bringing our own folding chairs aboard

I have seen it done before, so go for it.

On the Mariner, I asked if I could have a pool lounger moved to my balcony. My attendent had no problem in doing that for me We had the first balcony starboard side on deck 7. Those balconies bow out and are a little bigger than some. So we were able to have the lounger, table and 2 regular chairs out there.

I agree with the other posters who said you may be taking up room that is used for walking, which would be inconsiderate of the other cruisers. There are soooooo many lounge chairs on all the levels of the ship. You'll have enough to carry on board with your luggage etc.

For your balcony and the ports, no problem. For the pool area, I see no way this could work. The open areas of the pool deck are open so pax can walk and navigate. You know how closely spaced all the lounge chairs are around the pools. You said you want to be able to move it to wherever you want to be. What are you going to do? Tell someone to shove their lounger over so you can try to squeeze yours in? Or did you figure that if you want to sit by the pool, but the space is filled with loungers (and occupied by other pax) that the cruise line rudely put in your way that you'd just tell the other pax to move so you could move their loungers out of "your" space? We have seen pool crew move loungers back to where they belong because pax have dragged them into public walking and sitting areas.

But for your own balcony and to have at beaches in the ports, why not go for it. If you don't mind lugging them along, the cruise line seems to have no problem with you bringing them.

beachchick

Mak - thank you for your opinion - I was really looking for fact - not just a "ummm I don't think so...." "Ummm I don't think so adds nothing to this universe - let alone message board ;)

BTW - I love all these people who respond with "I think (how am I to judge your intelligence)", or "maybe (that one also helps a lot)", or "I don't think (see previous)" ;)

Please take this in the spirit it was meant - more as a joke...

Actually, MY OPINION IS that phrases like "I think" and "maybe...." are phrases of COURTESY, where the respondent is trying to be polite to you instead of telling you "NO FRIGGIN' WAY - what the HECK were you thinking?"

Please take this in the spirit it was meant - more as information.

I'm a light packer and encourage others to do the same.

My advice is to not bring along things that are already provided by the ship (exception - toiletries), like cups, pens, paper etc... And to only bring the bare necessities.

My thoughts would be to tell you to leave your furniture at home ;) .

In 13 cruises we've never had a problem finding a lounger, but then again, we don't have a crushing need to be right next to the pool, or even at the pool area. If a beach is so crowded you can't find a chair, we don't want to even be at that particular beach. If laying on a lounge chair on port day is all you want to do....that is the perfect day to stay onboard the ship and have access to all the loungers you can imagine.

One more thing. I don't find the lounge chairs to be all that comfortable, either. I generally ask for an additional towel, roll it up and put it at the small of my back. I know they state only one towel per guest, but if you ask nicely they usually will accomodate you.

One more thing. I don't find the lounge chairs to be all that comfortable, either. I generally ask for an additional towel, roll it up and put it at the small of my back. I know they state only one towel per guest, but if you ask nicely they usually will accomodate you.

We've never been told "only 1 towel per guest!" There are almost always extras available!

This is almost as good as the people who want to bring a blow up pool for the diaper wearing kiddies!!! Blow up pools, your own tacky chairs, I am seriously waiting for the bbqs...then we will have ourselves a REAL redneck cruise..lol..

Actually, MY OPINION IS that phrases like "I think" and "maybe...." are phrases of COURTESY, where the respondent is trying to be polite to you instead of telling you "NO FRIGGIN' WAY - what the HECK were you thinking?"

Please take this in the spirit it was meant - more as information.

:D :D :D :D :D

You took them words right outa my mouth....

Goober is that you? Gomer has been searching all over Mayberry for you!!!! Please call home, he has Thelma Lou out searching for more portable furniture for your next cruise, and she found a nice sofa for your balcony.:rolleyes:

Archived