Portunas Club

bigpete47uk

You are correct.

On your 2nd cruise you will be Ruby members. I would suggest that you hold off any shop purchases on board until your 2nd cruise to get the 5% discount off your total onboard bill for the 2nd cruise. That's about it for Ruby onboard benefits.

When you have cruised 51 nights or more you will have moved into Sapphire which gives you 7.5% + a cocktail party.

When you have cruised yet another 100 nights you will have moved into Gold which gives you 10%, a cocktail party and a special event (usually a champagne afternoon tea). There are also one or two ther small benefits as well (but I can't recall them!)

What are the advantages of being a member?

We have booked 'back-to-back' cruises on Ventura (17th Aug and 1st Sept) therefore, from what I understand, will be members on the second cruise.

MTIA Pete.

Hi Pete

Derek has covered most of the important benefits, you do get a magazine as well.

When you get to Gold you get others like a separate check in which is faster and you get to board quicker however these advantages have been eroded by much earlier embarkation by all passengers.

One benefit which is still useful is that with gold status you get priority booking when the cruises first come out. This usually means a day before everyone else, therefore you get a better chance of the cabin you want.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

:cool:Going for Gold

Caryl

You should of !

Ask the question again on here...but I have read of presents when you get to Sapphire. How long ago was it? Perhaps you could email the Portunis club and ask if you should of had one/ you didn't receive one

Sue

"And little presents when you rise to Sapphire from Ruby" !!!

I never got any when I went up to sapphire!

Caryl

I got a little pair of binoculars and DW a salt and pepper ship. On the bed on the night we moved from one to another, mid cruise.

Dai

We moved up to Sapphire more than a year ago. Maybe they're just cutting down now?

I don't really feel I have missed out, but a bottle of Moet would've been a good gift!

I won a P&O silver photo frame on our last cruise and a pen set on the one before so enough collectables!

Caryl

I got a little pair of binoculars and DW a salt and pepper ship. On the bed on the night we moved from one to another, mid cruise.

Dai

I got the same last year

Brian

the night we moved from one to another, mid cruise.

You got sufficient points to change tiers mid-cruise? That is good as I had understood that it only applied on the next cruise after you had passed the threshold, as late as day 63 for instance on a 14 day cruise.

You got sufficient points to change tiers mid-cruise? That is good as I had understood that it only applied on the next cruise after you had passed the threshold, as late as day 63 for instance on a 14 day cruise.

Hi PN,

Well, yes, you get your pressies but your extra discount does not kick in untill your next cruise or leg if on a worldie.

Dai

I think I read somewhere that you do not get the gifts is if you move up on the last day of a cruise, or if you cruise with one of the other lines who P&O award you Portunus points for.

As things stand I will reach Sapphire on a weekender in September (on Aurora) just before I go off on Oriana for 18 nights to Egypt and the Eastern Mediterranean at the end of November.

Feebee_71 :)

I think I read somewhere that you do not get the gifts is if you move up on the last day of a cruise, or if you cruise with one of the other lines who P&O award you Portunus points for.

As things stand I will reach Sapphire on a weekender in September (on Aurora) just before I go off on Oriana for 18 nights to Egypt and the Eastern Mediterranean at the end of November.

Feebee_71 :)

You'll be a Scot then :)

Thanks Dai, what Feebee said is my understanding too.

Now where else can you get Portunus points? Although Cunard is also part of Carnival our cruise with them did not count.

Points only awarded for nights on a P&O ship . you cant event add nights in a hotel arranged via P&O ( and part of the deal) as segments for the world cruise this doesnt count its nights on board.

You should get the gift when you move from one category to the next, if you did that on your last cruise you should have got the gift on a formal night left in your cabin, it could even be the night you move from one to another level.

We are x posh club so we went straight into Sapphire. This year we reach Gold so what gift do you get for that then?

When it was posh club you got a gift every cruise, a lovely cruise calender and Christmas card which I believe the Gold people now get a gift and card at Christmas.

When it was posh club you got a gift every cruise, a lovely cruise calender and Christmas card which I believe the Gold people now get a gift and card at Christmas./................ Southwinds

But of course Poshclub you had to pay a annual fee to join, and Portunus is free, which did you prefer?

Sue

Many thanks MM.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :-)

Marginally

Cb

BTW The gift we received for reaching gold (150 days at sea) with a spend in excess of £40,000, was an insult. I would have rather they had not bothered.

10% off on board spending you dont think thats a good enough thank you then?? not many other ships give that. They give you discounted laundry or dry cleaning... free time in the cyber centre things like that. 10% off seems a good offer for loyalty to me..

Sue

Well 10% off is better than posh club. HOWEVER it was run like a club not a loyalty scheme so... they held an annual Christmas Dinner in the Grosvenor House hotel in London which we liked to go to.... A lovely Chirstmas card which I believe Goldies get now.... a lovely calendar.... and a gift each cruise, nice items... One time it was Liberty fabric picture frames and other items then it went to Silver items a silver picture frame, silver butter knife, silver fruit spoons, silver cheese knife...etc however those who cruised a lot in a year moaned they got many the same items !!!! so you cant please everyone.

I think a club you pay to belong to should have remained as it was self financing... but now we have CN and other sort of little clubs.

When Portunus Club was set up all ones cruises with P&O backdated from 1/1/2000 were allocated points (10 point per night)

Princess, Ocean Village and Swan Hellenic should attract five points per night.

I suggest you write to the Portunus Club giving the number of nights and dates of your Princess & OV cruises.

When Portunus Club was set up all ones cruises with P&O backdated from 1/1/2000 were allocated points (10 point per night)

I suggest you write to the Portunus Club giving the number of nights and dates of your Princess & OV cruises.

Your Princess cruise personaliser should have all your P&O etc. cruises

on it. Check it is correct and refer P&O to it

Regards Cb

From what I can make out on the club web site you beome entitle to register as a member after your first PandO cruise and will then be able to add the points from OV or Princess. Shame, I was hoping I would be able to get the discount on my cruise in October.

Archived