Splendor weirdness

Casshew

I have to attend a big show in Los Angeles next summer (2009) so I figured I would see what sails out of LA and book a cruise.

It came down to Disney (which I've done before) or Carnival and they have the new Splendor:) which I decided would be most excellent.

I checked space online with carnival and they have every category available including the 'SS' which is a Spa Suite on the Panoramic Deck with Spa privileges and perks included. There are 4 suites, all showing available so I try to book one and it says 'not available' I try another, same answer, another same answer.

I switch from Carnival's site to an online agency, they also show everything available including the Spa Suites - try to book one and suddenly it's not available.

So I call carnival directly, the agent says it's available no problem, I pick a cabin and then he says 'hmmm.... it's not letting me have it ' he goes and checks with a supervisor and then comes back and tells me these suites are for 3 passengers only and I can't have one with just 2 people. He then says I can have the PH Suite (12) or the other suites categories with 2 people but not the SS.

So later, because I had to hang up - I went back to the website and checked space again with 3 passengers this time and it still wouldn't let me book it. :(

Has anyone been successful in booking an SS for 2 people?

It's me again, I had some time so I thought I would try this booking again.

With 2 passengers or 3 passengers I can book all categories except the SS or the 8S, both which include spa access. Anyone have any idea why??

I can understand why they "sometimes" will not put 2 people in a 3 people cabin. Many of the larger ships do not allow cots (some kind of Coast Guard regulation)...so if lots of 2 people book all the "3 people cabins".... and then 3 people want to book....they can not and Carnival loses the revenue.

We have a Spa Cabin booked for November 17th on the Splendor. We have 3 people who will be in this cabin. Our PVP handled it for us without incident.

Happy Cruising!!

That is very strange. We have a SS booked for this July.

I see you were saying you had a choice of either the Splendor and Disney for 2009 sailing out of LA. Disney is not sailing out of LA for 2009 they are sailing out of LA for 2008.

Hope you can get a spa cabin for your sailing one way or another.

Oh I was just assuming Disney would do the same next summer, thanks.

The thing is though, when I called Carnival and held why the agent checked with supervisors, they came back and told me I couldn't have the SS with only 2 people, they need 3. but when I try to book with 3, it says the same thing - can't have it.

Can you try it for July/Aug next summer and see if you get the same response? it will work right up till you pick a cabin # then it tells you it's not available.

When I try with 2 people in a SS this is the error message I get:

5079 : The requested stateroom has been selected by another user. Please select another stateroom from the available stateroom list.

When I try for 3 people with the same date, 7/26/09, it lets me put in the guest information for booking.

You know, we are booked on a CC group cruise with Randy's Team Splendor in April 2009 out of LA.

The TA for that cruise is Johnna at Crucon. Maybe you can give her a call and see what she can do.

We are with Team Splendor, but DH booked with our own TA before I could get to Johnna. When I called her to ask questions, she promptly returned my call even though she isn't my TA.

Just a thought.

Pat

That is so odd...because my PVP had no problems booking our Spa cabin for 3.

I wonder if these cabins are already sold but just showing up on the website as "available" for some reason???

I know we got one of the last TWO when we booked. It was close....

I think it has to be available, but they are not booking it for some reason. Call carnival and ask for a manager if you can not book it. I don't see why you can't book a suite for 2 people if you are willing to pay the price. There must be some glitch.

I asked on another thread about booking 5 into a suite--and then when I tried online I got an error message, when I changed the number to 4 it let me in. People on the thread said you need to call for something like that. There are some things you just can't do online. Am not sure why it won't let you book three--have you tried clearing out your browser--deleting your temporary history file? I would call Carnival again.

I asked on another thread about booking 5 into a suite--and then when I tried online I got an error message, when I changed the number to 4 it let me in. People on the thread said you need to call for something like that. There are some things you just can't do online. Am not sure why it won't let you book three--have you tried clearing out your browser--deleting your temporary history file? I would call Carnival again.

There are only a few ships in the fleet that allow 5 people to book in a cabin. I inquired about it for a friend (who has 3 small kids under 4) and even though the 5th person was a baby, they still couldn't allow it.

Hi everyone, after calling Carnival back they were able to override the SS Spa Suite to accept 2 passengers. I'm looking forward to trying Carnival aboard the new ship Splendor and spending lots of time in the spa.

I sailed Carnival in the early 80's on the Festivale and it was pretty scary! lol but I'm sure this will be great.

Hi everyone, after calling Carnival back they were able to override the SS Spa Suite to accept 2 passengers. I'm looking forward to trying Carnival aboard the new ship Splendor and spending lots of time in the spa.

I sailed Carnival in the early 80's on the Festivale and it was pretty scary! lol but I'm sure this will be great.

wow, glad you got the spa cabin, Im jealous, lol. wish the splendor was closer to texas. You will HAVE to let us know how you like the spa cabins with the spa privileges.

Congrats on the booking.

I'm hoping to really enjoy the spa in July. Hopefully I'll remember to do a report when we get back.

Archived