How to Look 10 Pounds Thinner in Photos

Hia Jane, it was indeed a chain in the 80's. You would simply show up and they would do your hair, put on tons of makeup, and use tacky props and costumes!!! Lots of teasing in the hair lol.....My mom still has mine up and I take it down and hide it every time I go to her home!!! She just doesn't get it:o :o :o

What are they?

I mean, I'm assuming that you simply did your hair and m/u and went to a photographer to get a pic done. But you're making it sound like a chain brand or something.

They did your hair and m/u....

It was the wannabe's version of "The Next Top Model" for that hour ( in your mind anyway:D ;) )

http://www.glamourshots.com/

and all the BF's got off on it cuz they felt they HAD a model!!!

LOL...she's right...those WERE the days!!!

Sigh....chasing my youth...

They did your hair and m/u....

It was the wannabe's version of "The Next Top Model" for that hour ( in your mind anyway:D ;) )

http://www.glamourshots.com/

and all the BF's got off on it cuz they felt they HAD a model!!!

LOL...she's right...those WERE the days!!!

Sigh....chasing my youth...

Omg...remember..they even had a wardrobe room!!

I would pretend it was a cover shoot and pretend it was soooooo expensive!!

I should go dig out the pic of me in my fur!!!:eek: ( with,yup teased hair!!)

Or my gold lamme jacket!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!

I'm going to look!!

Flashback to our last cruise: Trying to remember to do the half turn to camera, make sure my "arm wings" are undercover, but "bling" still showing, pull head up to hide the 2nd chin, Ok.......ah crap, can't show teeth as I'd lost one in front at dinner the night before! Got the shot. Yep, looks like the worst gas attack in history. Sigh, maybe this year.

(more pounds to hide this year, if I do two turns instead of a half turn, will that hide it?)

Funny Thread - Love it!:D

As a photographer in a studio - and small weddings, graduation pics, etc.....

My funny story was when we were on our first Cruise - after a hot day in Belieze, and a snorkel trip - we decided to just grab showers and do a simple buffet dinner that night, just to relax. We come up to the photography floor and there is the 'old timer' costumes - we couldn't resist! My DH said sure, DD said sure and so no make up - just so so hair - and we took the funniest pictures! :D And those are the ones we bought! We did do a 'formal night' pictures sitting....ugh...were they awful! :eek: We still laugh when we look at those pictures - but they are some of our favorites!

It is always funny when people (Ladies mostly) say " Do I look like that?"..LOL - I wonder if they look in the mirror in the morning?;)

But even better when someone tells me - That's the BEST picture I've ever taken!

I think I'll go take another look at our Cruise pictures....they always make me laugh!

Personally, I think the Pics taken during dinner are always better because they are a little more relaxed....maybe because the wine has been flowing.:D

The one I like best of me and DH was taken during dinner. ;) Last cruise they actually printed 2 8x10 photos on formal night of me with my eyes completely closed!:eek: I didn't buy ANY photos on the last cruise. I'm going to have to step up to the plate and NOT pose the way they want me to. After all, we are the ones buying them.

Actually, one of the best pictures I have ever had taken of me was taken on a cruise! I don't tend to photograph well, so I didn't have high hopes - and was I ever pleasantly surprised!

On my last cruise, one of the few conditions I placed on my son & his g/f was that they had to go have their picture taken on formal night while they were all dressed up. They were not thrilled with most of the results, and said it was because the session was very frustrating. They couldn't understand what the photographer was trying to tell them to do (because of his accented English), and he in turn was getting frustrated because they weren't doing what he told them to! Fortunately, one of the pix turned out nice anyway. He wasn't the prom type in high school, so this is the closest thing I have!

it is so hard to remember to tilt the head just so, and oh, remember those arms--not too tight to the body or else you get bazooka size arms! we hardly ever buy the formal pictures now as we just aren't pleased with the way we are positioned.

:o in one photo, they had me in front of DH and he was on the step above. well, he already is much taller than me and this pose was so..o..o bad, ugh! no, we hid those photos behind others of us, ha, ha!

What are they?

I mean, I'm assuming that you simply did your hair and m/u and went to a photographer to get a pic done. But you're making it sound like a chain brand or something.

We still have a glamour shots here where I live. They always took that pics of you holding the lapel of a jacket,you never saw such glossed LIPS!:eek:

We still have a glamour shots here where I live. They always took that pics of you holding the lapel of a jacket,you never saw such glossed LIPS!:eek:

OMG!!!

I found IT!!!!!

I had to pick myself up off the freakin' floor in order to scan this and post this...I am still not fully composed!!:eek: :D

My lips aren't glossed, but check out the big, teased hair!!!!!

sigh...I had just turned like 20.

:eek:

They told you look serious, or sexy,playful,

What was I thinking!?

I had to dig it out cuz it AIN'T hangin' on any wall around here!!!!!

(Yes, I said ain't!)

232323232%7Ffp4323%3A%3Enu%3D3239%3E778%3E67%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32334657%3B6584nu0mrj

OMG!!!

I found IT!!!!!

I had to pick myself up off the freakin' floor in order to scan this and post this...I am still not fully composed!!:eek: :D

What was I thinking!?

(Yes, I said ain't!)

232323232%7Ffp4323%3A%3Enu%3D3239%3E778%3E67%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32334657%3B6584nu0mrj

My gosh!!! THE EARRINGS!!! they are a gas. They always had you do the Lapel thing. Hang it up!!:p

OMG!!!

I found IT!!!!!

What was I thinking!?

(Yes, I said ain't!)

ROFLMAO! I LOVE it! This completely personifies "Glamour Shots!"

I called DH in to look at it and he said you looked pretty sexy! Guess you accomplished what they asked you to do! :D

And the earrings! Great!

ROFLMAO! I LOVE it! This completely personifies "Glamour Shots!"

I called DH in to look at it and he said you looked pretty sexy! Guess you accomplished what they asked you to do! :D

And the earrings! Great!

Aren't the earring classic of that era?

They look like seafood!!!

You should see the ones in FUR!!!

OMG....I have no idea what I was EVER thinking!!!

And NO.... I wil NOT be posting the FUR!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

I look scared.....

OMG!!!

I found IT!!!!!

What was I thinking!?

(Yes, I said ain't!)

LMAO!!!! That is so awesome that you still have that!!! Wish I had mine, always gave them away to boyfriends! LOL!!

OMG I just had THEE best idea!!

Everyone daring enough should post a silly dated photo of yourself. DHW already went, who is next???? I'll see what I kind find. I am a total 80's girl so I'm sure I'll have something....

LMAO!!!! That is so awesome that you still have that!!! Wish I had mine, always gave them away to boyfriends! LOL!!

OMG I just had THEE best idea!!

Everyone daring enough should post a silly dated photo of yourself. DHW already went, who is next???? I'll see what I kind find. I am a total 80's girl so I'm sure I'll have something....[/quote]

YES!!!!!!

Desperate Housewife-YOU ARE ONE BRAVE GAL!!!!! Love those "seafood earrings" but where is your lip gloss?????? In my pics, my lips are sooo glossy they are about to come up off of the photograph. :D When I visit my mom I will attempt to "steal" my glamour shot from her home and try to post it. I thought I had big hair but I have to tell you, yours far surpasses my teased furry blonde mane:eek: Dare ya to put the one of you with the fur on....Thanks for posting, it is definitely a blast from the past, isn't it? I do believe that we both look better now so I guess we just age like a fine wine........:p

LOL! That's how I feel...I was walking along, feeling great, hair: check makeup: check clothes: check shoes:check...lookin' hot little mama, then head over to look at the pictures from the other night and BAM! WHO the HECK is THAT??? I swear the lenses on those cameras are possessed by SATAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUE 'DAT!!

Next time...DO IT!!! We've had photographers that kept trying to make us do their idea of some silly hand holding. We just said, we don't do that.

We wanted our picture taken on our anniversary dinner night. The photographer had us doing all these silly poses with props and finally we told him we had to go because we had reservations. All we wanted was a simple picture with our formal dress clothes. We ended up not buying the ones he took and so had no official momento of our cruise.

We have received pictures from friends of just a simple poise in front of a backdrop of a cruise ship or something else. Don't they do those anymore?

We are still newbies at this and I want to make sure I get a decent picture this time.

We wanted our picture taken on our anniversary dinner night. The photographer had us doing all these silly poses with props and finally we told him we had to go because we had reservations. All we wanted was a simple picture with our formal dress clothes. We ended up not buying the ones he took and so had no official momento of our cruise.

We have received pictures from friends of just a simple poise in front of a backdrop of a cruise ship or something else. Don't they do those anymore?

We are still newbies at this and I want to make sure I get a decent picture this time.

Sometimes you just have to be blunt (but always polite).

Sometimes you just have to be blunt (but always polite).

Thankfully, we will find an accommodating photographer.

I hope to have a better "boarding" pic this time. We were caught off guard boarding the last time. The picture was awful and I really would have liked to keep that one!

Last year we were dressed for hiking before we boarded. We have a nice picture of us with radiant smiles but I sure wish we were wearing different clothes. Oh well, everyone loves the photo but me. Next week I'll be wearing make-up and pretty clothes when I board.

Archived