Please Help

briandama

Ok heres the deal......I am going on the Carnival Glory on May 17th....I currently have a 9a cabin booked and paid for.....(Corner rear wraparound balcony).....For all you past cruisers out there.....Should I keep this cabin or upgrade to a catagory 11 suite?.....Anyone out there ever been in both and can tell me some advantages or disadvantages of either?.....Any help at all is greatly greatly appreciated.....Thank You one and all...

I haven't been in either (my cruise budget is rather limited and I'd rather cruise more often than spend it all on a cabin on one cruise).

BUT, I'd take the larger balcony any day. I mean, who needs that space in the cabin? You cruise because you want to be on the ocean, so having that large wrap balcony would be MUCH more important to me than having a sofa in the cabin! They'd have to pay me to give up one of those!

If you haven't already done so, please join our Roll Call for that sailing!

We have been on the Glory several times and that is the ship that we also had a taste of our first 9A now we only book 9A's. The room steward was nice enough to allow us to take a look at the "11" and "12" and we are sticking with our 9A's. The room is slightly larger then the 8's and we love the layout of the room and larger balcony. Our room steward even brought us lounge chairs so we can lay out and have our own private retreat for sun bathing. Even on the smaller class of ships the 9A's are great. We just don't feel that the size of a suite justifies the cost, now if the suite had a separate living area from sleeping area we might move up. My vote is stick with the 9A.

We book suites almost exclusively. Did the 9-A once and it was nice except for the engine noise. It also seemed to have the feel of more "pitch" & "roll" then the suites. But once again its a matter of personal preference. We would take any cabin rather then not go at all thats for sure. Our vote is for the suite(s).:)

Thank You all so much for your responses.....Wow...Im a first time poster here and i realize i should have started a long time ago.....Everyone wealth of knowledge is incredible.....I think we're gonna stick with the 9a...Its on the Verandah Deck so I'm hoping we'll love it...Thanks again and I look forward to pooling from everyones vast experience and expertise again....THANKS

Enjoy your 9a. I have not had one of these but hope to on a future Alaska cruise we are starting to plan. I do however always book an aft balcony cabin and will not sail without one of these. I love the peace and the ocean.

Archived