Cruising with 18 month old?

Ineke

So do I! You sound like a wonderful grandma. :)
Well lets put it this way; if loving your grandkids to death and having them think you are a crazy old lady but a great Crazy OLd Lady makes me a good grandma, I guess I am. Am I a crazy old lady, well I am not sure about the lady part, especially after a few glasses of wine. LOL

Thanks to all who have replied. We, too, have seen parents with toddlers, and while, as stated, the child's routines, need to be maintained, there are ways of having enjoyable family time together. I don't think they are looking for programs, more for some input from people who may have traveled with a child that age and how it worked for them. Does Hal provide cribs, or would they need to bring a playpen? As for the dining room, the Lido would work, I think, with possibly a hired sitter for one or two nights. Are high chairs available in the Lido, or would they need to bring their collapsible one? If at all possible, I think they would prefer to stick with HAL, unless there are compelling reasons not to do so. They like the Vancouver to Vancouver return trip, as there would be no flying involved.

We traveled with our daughter and son-in-law and their wonderful 10 month old two years ago. Papa and Mimi got Elliot time :D when the kids wanted to do something on their own and dinners in the main dining room were amazing - especially formal night! We traveled in separate non-adjoining cabins which really made for a fun activity for Elliot to find our cabin or his own.

One thing to consider regarding the ship provided crib - it may be full sized and leave little maneuvering space in the cabin. Our son-in-law made a mad dash to the parking lot right before sail away to retrieve their Pac-n-Go. I must add that trip was on RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas, but it should deffinitely be checked out. The other comments about keeping up the usual routine are especially important. Flexibility is the key. Shore excursions should be kid-friendly, not the other way around.

We will remember our trip forever and cherish the pictures of the five of us. We can't wait to see if there is another trip in the offing now that Elliot is 3 years and Mitchel is 3 months!

Happy sailing. Enjoy the kids at every age, they will never be that age again (sometimes we say thank goodness for that!:D ).

Well lets put it this way; if loving your grandkids to death and having them think you are a crazy old lady but a great Crazy OLd Lady makes me a good grandma, I guess I am. Am I a crazy old lady, well I am not sure about the lady part, especially after a few glasses of wine. LOL

LOL...You sounds like a fun person. In fact, we sound a lot alike. :)

Archived