Walkie Talkies

EJ'S MOM-MOM

Taking grandkids on cruise in April & have a couple of questions. I have searched but could not find this particular info...

Does anyone know the cost to rent the Motorola walkie talkies on the Miracle or any Carnival ship ?

Also has anyone used or seen anyone using a small blow up pool on the Miracle for a toddler ? And where did they use it ?

Thanks in advance for any help ..

I've not seen W/T's for rent on Carnival. You may need to bring your own, but make sure they are multi channel and have a strong reception. A lot of W/T's don't work on ships because of the steel superstructure and electronics on the ship. I've heard the ones from Radio Shack work the best. If you use them, put them on vibrate, and use only when necessary. Lots of your fellow passengers hate the W/T's especially when people use them in the dining room or in the lounges.

Thanks so much for the replys.

crusinmama06,

As you can see I was on the Miracle last year but I did not notice any small blow up pools anywhere & was just wondering if anyone else saw them. We did not cruise with small tots last year that is probably why I did not notice any if any were there. As for the walkie talkies there also was no need for them so I did not inquire but I will surely know about both issues after this cruise...

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on the Caribbean Princess with my in-laws and my 1 year old and we had walkies (pretty good ones, cost about $50) but mostly they did not work on the ship or the reception was very poor. We tried using them on the first couple of days and then just gave up.

I've read this on another thread, where a woman was waiting for her husband for dinner and everyone else was seated at the table. She got on her walkie talkie and asked her husband what was the matter and he replied that he was getting dressed and coudn't find any clean underwear.

She told him to wear the ones from the evening before. Apparently, when he got to the table, everyone cheered- not sure if he knew why.

Archived