Use Ryndam Wine Card on Maasdam?

In Toronto

We bought a wine card last year on the Ryndam and had 4 pours left. We kept the card and would like to use it on our upcoming Maasdam cruise. I asked customer service if we could use it and was told that we could not as the codes are different on each ship. Don't quite understand that as I thought they just punch each time you order a glass of wine.

Anyone know whether I will be able to use it?

Thanks. Ellen

That's the official policy, but I used up a card on the Zuiderdam that I had started on the Statendam. Many other cc'ers have mentioned that they were able to carry-over wine cards as well.

I believe that the reason that they do not want the cards to carry over is that the 15% service charge has gone to the crew on the ship where it was purchased, and the second ship crew gets nothing to serve you.

If you plan to drink more than four glasses on your next cruise, you could buy a new card on the first night and after two or three nights present the old card instead. And if one bartender refuses to honor it (which I doubt), try another location! :)

We bought a wine card last year on the Ryndam and had 4 pours left. We kept the card and would like to use it on our upcoming Maasdam cruise. I asked customer service if we could use it and was told that we could not as the codes are different on each ship. Don't quite understand that as I thought they just punch each time you order a glass of wine.

Anyone know whether I will be able to use it?

Thanks. Ellen

This should be interesting as I have a cocktail card from the Maasdam from when we were on this past New Years and only use up 2 drinks, so now I'm hopefully going to use it on the Ryndam in a week, kind of the reverse of your dilemma. I did ask on the Maasdam if I could use it on another Hal ship and they told me yes.......so I guess we'll find out if they were right.

I am certainly going to try. After all, I have paid for it!

Good luck, PathfinderEss. Let us know. We don't sail until April.

Enjoy the Ryndam. We loved it and is the reason that we chose the Maasdam for this cruise.

Ellen

You should have no problems at all. We have used our last 20 punch wine card 1 time on the Noordam where we bought it and twice on the Oosterdam. I still have a few more punchs but will also buy a new wine card on the Amsterdam. We also have used a Drink card on the last 2 cruises. The best is Tom's coke card. He maybe uses it only 1 or 2 punchs the whole cruise and he has now used it on 7 cruises:D

You should have no problems at all. We have used our last 20 punch wine card 1 time on the Noordam where we bought it and twice on the Oosterdam. I still have a few more punchs but will also buy a new wine card on the Amsterdam. We also have used a Drink card on the last 2 cruises. The best is Tom's coke card. He maybe uses it only 1 or 2 punchs the whole cruise and he has now used it on 7 cruises:D

Thanks Lisa, I thought you could and now you have confirmed it.

Ellen, I will post back to this thread and let you know what happens on our up coming Ryndam cruise, I think we'll all be fine with those half used cards!

• 3 weeks later...

Up date on using wine, cocktail, or whatever cards from one ship to the another. We had a cocktail card from the Maasdam with only two punches on it so we took it on our last cruise, the Ryndam. To my surprise they did not want to take it. They gave us some weird booking excuses or similar explanations, but one bartender told me to just start using it later in the cruise. So what I did, was I bought a new card the first day, knowing I would use probably several cards during the cruise and then I started using my other card from the Maasdam on the third day with no problems. My suggestion to you In Toronto, is utilize your card on the second day and they will not know the difference.

Thanks for getting back to us.

I will take your (and the bartender's) advise. Will use a new one for the first few days.

Hope you enjoyed your trip on the Ryndam. We are very much looking forward to ours on the Maasdam.

Regards, Ellen

Archived