st thomas butterfly farm - distance from ship

ispooks

hi

just read about a new butterfly farm in havensight mall where mariner of the seas docks... is that walking distance from the ship? thinking of doing butterly farm and catching a cab to magens bay afterward...is this easy to do?

thanks in advance!:)

The Butterfly Farm is within walking distance, but for some people, the dock is pretty long, so if your ship is in the first spot, it might seem like a long walk. There are free shuttle busses for the mall, so if you think it's too far, look for a shuttle.

There will be plenty of cabs all over the dock, so finding one will be the easiest thing you can do in St Thomas.

hi

just read about a new butterfly farm in havensight mall where mariner of the seas docks... is that walking distance from the ship? thinking of doing butterly farm and catching a cab to magens bay afterward...is this easy to do?

thanks in advance!:)

The butterfly farm is very much walking distance to any of the ships. Doing the butterfly farm either before or after magens bay would be very, very easy to do. Enjoy...

i got a response from the butterfly farm - the hrs for august are 8:30-5 - the last tour goes at 4:30... prices are $15 per adult and $9 per child...

hope this helps - doublecheck the hrs by sending them an email....:)

$15 is the regular admission price, but I think the price is a bit lower if you book on a ship. The admission is good for all day, so it would be good to go early in the morning, and then later in the day. That gives you a better chance of seeing one coming out of the cocoon (which I didn't see on my late afternoon visit to The Farm.)

Archived