Gem Bad Reviews!!What's up??

frazzys

We just came off the Gem on 3/8 and LOVED it! This was our first cruise with NCL and were not sure how we felt about freestyle, but it really worked for us!

So, don't worry-not everyone has a bad review! :) She is a beautiful ship and I am sure you will love your cruise!

I had the same concerns before our 3/1 sailing--I noticed that in the member reviews section of CC, especially since the Bahamas itinerary had started, that the reviews seemed more negative.

However, we had a *wonderful* time last week, and I've posted a 5-star review as a result. When I read the negative comments, and compare them to our experience, I'm surprised--we didn't have trouble getting reservations (not once did we need to get up at 7am and stand in line), most of the food we had was excellent (sure, there were some exceptions, but they were infrequent), and the ship was beautiful. Most importantly, all five us (ages 56, 45, 30, 13, and 11) had a great time and want to go back--which has never happened for us on any vacation!

Relax, go with a positive attitude, and have a great time. (Or, if you decide you don't want to go, we'll happily occupy your cabin.. ;) )

Just got off the GEM and I really do not understand these "terrible" reviews. We never had any trouble getting reservations and I did not have to get up early either. I did not run into any of those "rude" servers. Is the service a little slow in the dining rooms..yes..but that is to be expected. If you want quick service go to the buffet or McDonalds.

Bottom line, you are on vacation , enjoy and slow yourself down. Of course things will not be perfect on this or any other ship and last time I checked our lives were not perfect either. Just enjoy this beautiful ship !!!

The negatives are few and far between and often comments are from the same person. She/he will get on every thread that mentions a cruise and put in a remark. One recent one, for instance is BeeBeesgirl; she has remarked on about 4 o5 threads how bad the Gem was. If you don't notice the name you wouldn't realize this is the case. I remember back about 6 months ago when there were several horrible reviews, in the review section about the Star. It turned out they were all written by one family.

Nita

The negatives are few and far between and often comments are from the same person. She/he will get on every thread that mentions a cruise and put in a remark. One recent one, for instance is BeeBeesgirl; she has remarked on about 4 o5 threads how bad the Gem was. If you don't notice the name you wouldn't realize this is the case. I remember back about 6 months ago when there were several horrible reviews, in the review section about the Star. It turned out they were all written by one family.

Nita

I agree. I think it's important to do your homework when it comes to any vacation. Opinions, reviews, etc are nice to read but there are definitely people out there who will find fault in anything. I'm glad we booked with NCL and can't wait to sail the GEM in May. Yes, some reviews have been negative but I'm not going to let that worry me. It's a vacation! I consider myself fortunate to be able to get away for a week on such a lovely ship!!!:D

I'm sailing on the Gem the 22nd (I can't wait!). I have read the negative reviews and most of them are people who obviously did not research the itinerary or NCL's policies. I did my research before booking with NCL and have previously sailed on them. I had no complaints on my previous cruise and I'm sure I wont on this one either. I would take them with a grain of salt. I plan on making an objective review when I get back.

Archived