Any pics of tenders?

curlymama

When I asked that question I honestly thought I had some photos of tenders in a couple of ports (Coz being one of them) that I could post but I did not! :( I'm sorry....

I'm sure there are others here who can share some photos - you can probably also search on webshots for photos from those ports and find some pictures posted. The tenders we've been on were well equipped, clean and safe power boats with bench seats; they hold from several dozen to near 100 people. On our HAL cruise, the lifeboats served as tenders on Half Moon Cay.... it was really interesting watching them being launched from the side of the ship.

You'll love watching the tenders and other boats come and go while at anchor in Belize;

2966875170065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2732163960065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Oh yeah, they also have party boats that are a bit larger and more livelier than the tender boats;

2846500350065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2047646530065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

It's really fun to watch those boats return because you can see many of the riders become startled to see the ship even though they've been along side for ten or fifteen minutes. You also get to see folks partying who are unaware the ride is over and they have to get off! :eek: :D

Holy Moly, those things look like they're about to capsize!! Okay, now I'm scared...:eek:

curlymama,

They're really not that bad.....I should qualify, or disqualify myself by adding that we have a 24 foot deck boat of our own so the tenders aren't too unusual for us. :o

Also in some ports, ships will use their lifeboats to tender in. I don't like the lifeboats because the bottom levels get really hot and they are not well ventilated...that equals motion sickness for me. :(

I've used lifeboat tenders in Juneau, Alaska; Cabo San Lucas; and Half Moon Cay (before they got their own larger tenders for the island).

Archived