Warning teen club..four day Carnival cruise last summer..san Pedro

ladypalmtree

Ok..like I said I just found out about it yesterday...We are going on a Princess cruise in a week and a half. We were talking to a friend and she said that she had heard Carnival was a party ship...I said I guess the college kids and adults..and dd said no the teens too mom...and then she spilled the story. She told me that is why she did not want to hang out there. The guy had a bottle with him...the kids paid him and he went and poured the vodka in the cups with the soda. A boy offered her some of hers and she left. She and I were talking about taking the same cruise next summer yesterday before this happened and she said no...she wanted to go someplace else. Yes I will write a snail mail letter..and I will talk to my husband about it as well. We both are going to be talking to her about this next cruise. To be alert as always..If she puts down her soda..throw it away and get a new one...do not go to anybody's room. If the kids are drinking smoking our taking any kind of drug..or (hooking up) leave the scene ....no excuses! Thanks...we all should do this every time we travel!...lpt:(

Ok..like I said I just found out about it yesterday...We are going on a Princess cruise in a week and a half. We were talking to a friend and she said that she had heard Carnival was a party ship...I said I guess the college kids and adults..and dd said no the teens too mom...and then she spilled the story. She told me that is why she did not want to hang out there. The guy had a bottle with him...the kids paid him and he went and poured the vodka in the cups with the soda. A boy offered her some of hers and she left. She and I were talking about taking the same cruise next summer yesterday before this happened and she said no...she wanted to go someplace else. Yes I will write a snail mail letter..and I will talk to my husband about it as well. We both are going to be talking to her about this next cruise. To be alert as always..If she puts down her soda..throw it away and get a new one...do not go to anybody's room. If the kids are drinking smoking our taking any kind of drug..or (hooking up) leave the scene ....no excuses! Thanks...we all should do this every time we travel!...lpt:(

I would do the email under contact customer service also.

Tell your DD that if she sees it happening, write down the person's name doing it, and time of day, etc. Tell her to find you, or leave you a note in your cabin that she needs to see you. Then report that person then and there.

It sounds like you really don't need to, but it never hurts to cover the rules each time. She seems to have a very good head on her shoulders. You need to tell her how proud you are of her for making the right decisions. It sounds like you have done a great job in raising her! Kudos to you too!

You need to call GUEST Relations now and report this incident, then follow it up with a letter directed to the CEO.

You and your kid can give a discription of this Latino, you can also give the kid area where this happened and also if he is part of Camp Carnival.

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

305-599-2600

Fred

My 15 yr old just informed me that the teen club manager was buying alcohol for older teens in the teen club...they gave him money and he brought stuff in and they could put it in their soda. My daughter did not like hanging out in there for most of the trip. She had made a couple of friends and they did their own thing..she went to a dance and one other thing. She said she did not want to tell me then...cause Mama would cause a scene...you bet I would have turned him in! So....watch out parents!:eek:

This same thing happened to our kids on the Paradise for their Senior Cruise. Some of the boys had the waiter buy them beer in port and he did. 5 of the boys got found out and they told on the rest.

Letters were sent to Carnival by parents but there was no follow up. We even had the waiters name and he was approached on the ship. It was his word against our sons word. Nothing was done.

We just need to be cafeful.

Yes I was thinking the same thing...so I just decided to warn parents...that person my not even be on the ship anymore..she just told me yesterday...so...I did what I thought was best...Oh my husband would of had to hurt the guy...He was not with us...and I have not told him yet...:confused:

Seriously this is more than disturbing, a grown man buying booze for kids. Is it possible his intentions were to get the girls drunk and take advantage? I would find out his name, call the cruiseline and report him before something happens with someone elses child.

Kuddos to your daughter. You are raising her well. :D With that said, she would not even have known if you contacted Carnival right after your cruise. She must have known his name? Keeping the confidence goes out the window when it is a dangerous situation. Sorry, I would have raised hell. :o If he did it then and still has not been caught, he still is.

In light of the fact that this happened months ago, and that no report was made, I am not sure if posting the persons name on this board without back up evidence or proof is a good idea. Teens talk and embellish-and with each embellishment comes a new twist. I would be very cautious about approaching this at the risk of someone losing their job or reputation. JMHO

She does not remember his name..she did not stay there after that. She rolled her eyes at me and told me that parents were giving there kids alcohol on the ship and in the mexican ports as well. I had already sent an email regarding what I know and what she told me...and we will see what happens if anything..It was seven months ago..anyway thanks everyone...lets close the post..just wanted to let you know what could and does happen...lpt:(

Well, I am glad that your daughter has a good head and made the right choices. I am also glad that you at least reported it to Carnival, but I am really greatful that you brought it to our attention. We are cruising in a few weeks on the Paradise with our 16 y/o DD and you bet that I will be alert to what goes on in that club.

Again, Thanks for giving us the warning. I thought my DD would be safe in the teen club. Now I have to wonder?? :confused:

I am sorry this happened to your daughter. I of course went right away and asked my daughter if she had ever seen them or heard of them giving alcohol to any of the kids and she said no. Of course she had already told me about the kids "hooking up" and how shocked she was about how open they are about it. The main thing is keeping the doors of comunication open with your kids so that they know they can talk to you about anything at anytime. Thanks for letting us know about what happened.

"Sorry it was on the Paradise...August 6th four day cruise:confused:"

Am i missing something? This was 7 months ago ?

Do you really think Carnival is going to address it after so much time?

UNLESS you are not the only one to complain... Its your teenagers word against an employee.. I am not sure how they will respond..Personally i would like 5 minutes along with him... lol

Yes, Carnival will want to hear about it. Write a letter to the main office. Look it up on the website. They will look into it. Do not email them. A letter is in order and explain to them exactly what you told us. Give as many details as you can remember about your cruise. Everyone may have any opinion whether it is right or wrong but let Carnival know so they can look into it. Such as, were these teens of legal dringking age? Mexico's drinking age is 18. Some cruise lines will serve alcohol to teens over 18 with parents permission, but that is not Carnivals policy. Let them look into it.

I did the same with first asking my 15 yo dd about such going on's. Our last cruise there was about 130 kids in club 02, so if something would have been going on, you would have known it. (2 bands that were on the ship to play along with those cruising with family). But she has been in Club 02 for 2 cruises, and never saw anything like that.

I jsut hope that this young man is found and questioned. Who knows he could be doing it on all the cruise ships he has been on and who knows how long he has been with the line and doing this.

Yes, Carnival will want to hear about it. Write a letter to the main office. Look it up on the website. They will look into it. Do not email them. A letter is in order and explain to them exactly what you told us. Give as many details as you can remember about your cruise. Everyone may have any opinion whether it is right or wrong but let Carnival know so they can look into it. Such as, were these teens of legal dringking age? Mexico's drinking age is 18. Some cruise lines will serve alcohol to teens over 18 with parents permission, but that is not Carnivals policy. Let them look into it.

club o2 is 15 - 17 yo kids.

So you agree they should inform Carnival?

I agree 100%. Plus, if it is not taken care of, he could cause some major problems. especially with spring breakers coming up soon. who is to say that he is not putting date rape drugs in the vodka. If he is giving the alcohol, and getting the drunk, he could be molesting these kids. What if one of them were to end up with child? the girl say I don't know who the father was, then it comes out that there was alcohol in the club, 10 boys, and the counselor. Who was responsible for her being the way she is? No one knows. THIS IS WORST CASE SENERIO.

I am not saying it has happened. I am saying it could happen.

carcarmat...I said I did email them yesterday...then I said lets close the post. I only found out about this on Tues..I did tell my dh about it yesterday..I was just warning the rest of you out there...ok:confused: I did what I can do...It was seven months ago...Have a good day..Happy cruising and watch your kids...lpt:)

carcarmat...I said I did email them yesterday...then I said lets close the post. I only found out about this on Tues..I did tell my dh about it yesterday..I was just warning the rest of you out there...ok:confused: I did what I can do...It was seven months ago...Have a good day..Happy cruising and watch your kids...lpt:)

Lady palm tree, I think that you are doing the right thing by addressing the issue and moving on since there has been a lot of time that has passed. That said, I get the feeling that the only way the other posters will be happy would be to have a public lynching...:D Can we say overreact???????????

Archived