What do you think of this?

Ankle Biters?! I love it.:p Even better than Rug Rats. :)

I am with everyone else. I've been on Carnival - been there, done it. I think I will stick with Royal Caribbean.

That's alright. Someone recently mentioned that they were concerned about that "dirty kid" bing in the stateroom on the cruise before them. I guess with kids you either love them or hate them.

i had seen that as well on my AOL opening screen. did anyone else notice the lack of royal caribbean representation? and what is that all about?:eek:

I think that they would have loved to have shown pictures of the Genesis project, but since there aren't any, they just went with other ships.

The bigger the spa, the more people will simply cram their way into it...it's like those reptiles that will continue to grow as big as their enviornment will allow-if you get a too-big aquarium, you'll simply get an over-grown iguana.

No thanks, there are enough people crammed into the regualr-sized spas on RCCL.:eek:

Oh, and with the 22 bars, I sure hope the restrooms are close to that spa, otherwise, well, you know....;)

The one thing I wish RCI would put on their ships is the outdoor movie screen. We were on the Disney Magic about a year ago and they have one and it ws awesome. Kids movies on during the midday; sports (NCAA tourney) on in the afternoon; and a Disney movie almost every night. It was great watching Pirates of the Caribbean under the stars in the Caribbean!

I prefer Radiance. That ship will have too many ankle biters on it to suit me. (I have no objections to kids - I just don't want to spend a week surrounded by them.)

Marilyn

I like the radience class also. I wish they would make a smaller ship without all the "bells and whistles". All I need is a lounge chair a book and something to eat on occasion.

Just got back from Jewel, where I overheard an older gentleman coming out of the hot tub, " wow I don't know what they put in the tub but all my scabs and dry skin are gone...........OMG how gross needless to say I never used it the entire trip:eek: Human soup with EXTRAS YUCK

Actually, *I* was focusing on the huge "spa" in the picture! :) It looks interesting, but I keep thinking about the great lines I have read here, like "Human Soup".

:D

LAWDY LAWD!!!

IT EVEN SAYS IT IN THE DESCRIPTION. :rolleyes: :eek:

Debuts in July 2008 and sails to Europe and Mexico.

Amenities: Aside from five restaurants and a hangover-inducing 22 bars, the ship has a giant two-deck-high spa sprawling across 17,800 square feet. It includes the line's first thalassotherapy pool -- a souped-up therapeutic hot tub. While mom and dad are soaking, kids can live it up in the 5,500 square-foot playroom --also the line's biggest. A giant poolside video screen blasts movies, music videos and ship events.

LOL ! I've climbed those stairs wearing a dress.

How about the portholes in the pool? I couldn't believe it when I saw people's faces in the deep end, watching us! :eek:

The name of that ship should have been "Information of the Seas" (as in TOO much information). ;) :D

I've climbed those stairs, too!!! I was on the Song of Norway right after it was lengthened ... and we were in TWO hurricanes. My father kept telling me not to stand on the part where the ship was cut to be lengthened in case the hurricane broke it apart again <g>. I have major stories and major memories from THAT cruise, and I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's when I became a RCCL Fan Forever.

Lynn

NCL F3

Cattle car anyone??? and in case you think this is not for real, NCL has confirmed that it is. Brilliance for me.....

Fran in Toronto

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/509/1.jpg

That picture looks allot like the Solstice class. It's odd they would build something like that since i saw in another forum people were talking about the models of new ships at Seatrade and how the Solstice one looked different than the renderings and had an odd appearance. Like the ship had been renovated and more floors were thrown on top of an old ship.

Actually, *I* was focusing on the huge "spa" in the picture! :) It looks interesting, but I keep thinking about the great lines I have read here, like "Human Soup".

:D

Thats what it is...just think if people shower "as well" as they wash their hands after going to the bathroom. :D

Yeah, hot tub time....;):D:D

I have to admit I've been checking out the Splendour lately, even though I'm not a huge fan of Carnival. They have great deals on European cruises on that ship though!! :o

While we're on the subject of Carnival, I have to add something. Last night my phone rings and I see "Carnival Corp" on the caller ID and decide to answer it to see if they wanted to give me a free cruise or something. :p Derek, the CS rep says "Hello Laura, I see that you've been checking out our website alot lately and wanted to know if there's anything I can help you with tonight." Yeh apparently they moniter your habits when you're logged in - good to know! Anyway, we were having a nice conversation (he was a chatty little guy!) and I told him that we just got married on a Royal Caribbean ship. How does he respond?

"Well Laura, I hope your marriage lasts longer than that company." :eek:

So I said "Yeh allright, they're only building like the BIGGEST SHIP EVER right now." and he said "Yeh, what a great way to ensure they'll go bankrupt!".

he. he. he. I can't believe they let their reps talk like that, but he definitely had an interesting personality!

Laura

Laura, I have gotten those same phone calls from RC reps, but no one ever badmouthed another company during the conversation! :eek:

The bigger the spa, the more people will simply cram their way into it...it's like those reptiles that will continue to grow as big as their enviornment will allow-if you get a too-big aquarium, you'll simply get an over-grown iguana.

No thanks, there are enough people crammed into the regualr-sized spas on RCCL.:eek:

Oh, and with the 22 bars, I sure hope the restrooms are close to that spa, otherwise, well, you know....;)

Absolutely the FUNNIEST and BEST simile I have ever read! :D

Laura, I have gotten those same phone calls from RC reps, but no one ever badmouthed another company during the conversation! :eek:

No kidding!! We are in the market to buy some screens for our windows and I received four quotes. The one who badmouthed his competitors was the first one eliminated.

###

The one thing I wish RCI would put on their ships is the outdoor movie screen. We were on the Disney Magic about a year ago and they have one and it ws awesome. Kids movies on during the midday; sports (NCAA tourney) on in the afternoon; and a Disney movie almost every night. It was great watching Pirates of the Caribbean under the stars in the Caribbean!

This is something which I never found attractive. Those screens always annoyed me on Carnival.

I have to admit I've been checking out the Splendour lately, even though I'm not a huge fan of Carnival. They have great deals on European cruises on that ship though!! :o

While we're on the subject of Carnival, I have to add something. Last night my phone rings and I see "Carnival Corp" on the caller ID and decide to answer it to see if they wanted to give me a free cruise or something. :p Derek, the CS rep says "Hello Laura, I see that you've been checking out our website alot lately and wanted to know if there's anything I can help you with tonight." Yeh apparently they moniter your habits when you're logged in - good to know! Anyway, we were having a nice conversation (he was a chatty little guy!) and I told him that we just got married on a Royal Caribbean ship. How does he respond?

"Well Laura, I hope your marriage lasts longer than that company." :eek:

So I said "Yeh allright, they're only building like the BIGGEST SHIP EVER right now." and he said "Yeh, what a great way to ensure they'll go bankrupt!".

he. he. he. I can't believe they let their reps talk like that, but he definitely had an interesting personality!

Laura

Wishful thinking. hehehehehehe :D

I've climbed those stairs, too!!! I was on the Song of Norway right after it was lengthened ... and we were in TWO hurricanes. My father kept telling me not to stand on the part where the ship was cut to be lengthened in case the hurricane broke it apart again <g>. I have major stories and major memories from THAT cruise, and I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's when I became a RCCL Fan Forever.

Lynn

LOL !! The joys of cruising in little tubs without stabilizers! We haven't earned pins, we've earned snorkels & nose clips. ;)

Yeh this kid was on fire! I think he'll call again at some point because I've spoken with him before and he never gets off the phone. That's kinda why I brought up the "I just got married..." thing, lol. Silly little Carnival rep. :p

Laura

Archived