Odyssey Suites

Iamboatman

I am presently at the Cruise Shipping Convention in Miami and, after listening to Pam Conover's elegant (and eloquent) words during the Upscale Cruising panel, I wandered over to the Mariotti booth, where they have a few very large photos of the Odyssey; one of them being of an actual mock up of the suite (not the computer generated one we have all seen). When I return home I will try and post it, but know that the real thing is far nicer than the computer generated image.

Sorry for the tease, but thought you would want to know that with the actual lighting and actual furnishings the suite is a very appealing space. (BTW, while the layout is similar, it looks like there will be more room between the vanity and the bed, so that issue should be gone.)

Eric

We are booked from Istanbul to Ft. Lauderdale (2 cruises) in Oct. 09. We are very much looking forward to what you post as we are so curious about it. From all we have heard so far, the Odyssey will be special!

CeeJay

Eric,

We put a deposit on the Odyssey for 2010-Sydney to Hong Kong

We booked this in January whilst on the 'Pride'.

Do you have any idea when Seabourn are 'releasing the cruise

segments for confirmation?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Tony

I am in line to book LA to Sidney. I called a few days ago and was told to call back in a month or so. Apparently they are only releasing the longer leg journeys, like FLL/LA to HK. Of course, that can change. By the time push comes to shove I probably won't be able to afford it!

Since I have been confirmed as a tease I thought I would post...and tease you again. I am at the airport, so only another 14 hours or so.

BTW, I also have a pretty cool photo of a photo of the bulbous bow ready to be welded in place.

Here's a construction photo which I think is pretty neat. It shows the bulbous bow about to be attached. (It is attached now.) From what I understand the parts of the hull are about to be moved to the facility that will connect them together and then the completed hull will be moved to Genoa for the fitting out.

(Note: Being "Boatman" I like this photo better!;) )

1424951153_SeabournBow.jpg.77e33602bd10490fc53e4ca253103ed7.jpg

From a hardware standpoint I would say sizewise they are equivalent to both, but the Regent furnishings never impressed me.

I think the furniture, fabrics, electronics, etc. are already of higher quality Seabourn and this is an upgrade...when compared to Regent.

One thing I cannot answer is the bathroom (haven't seen the layout). Regent has very nice bathrooms.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived