Trying to Cancel my Carnival excursion

Daizie45

Hi all,

I booked a Dominica River Tubing Excursion with Carnival but found a more personal tour offered by another company for a better price. I tried canceling online, but the CONFIRM CHANGES button does not want to take the excursion off. I haven't hit the THREE DAY window (yet!) as it is still 4 days until I leave Puerto Rico on Sunday 3/16 at 10PM!

I also emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com as advised by the main carnival operator because the Excursions Office was closed. This will at least show receipt of my intent to cancel before the three day window closes!

I'm calling Carnival in the morning, but does anyone know the reason for this? Will I able to get my full refund?

I'm calling Carnival in the morning, but does anyone know the reason for this? Will I able to get my full refund?

Yeah, they want your money. Technically, no. Follow up as you plan and get/keep copies. If the Carnival person on the phone can't help you, ask for their supervisor and so on till you get it resolved. If telling them you can't physically do the excursion helps, do it.

Unless things have changed, you can cancel an excursion up to 24 hours before it begins and get a full refund. We booked an excursion online, and when we boarded and went to the excursion talk, we found out it was a booze cruise! We went straight to the excursion desk and canceled. No problem.

Unless things have changed, you can cancel an excursion up to 24 hours before it begins and get a full refund. We booked an excursion online, and when we boarded and went to the excursion talk, we found out it was a booze cruise! We went straight to the excursion desk and canceled. No problem.

Yes, you could still cancel your excursion booked on line on board up to 24 hours before you were to go on the excursion two weeks ago on the Victory.

I''m not so sure... 5 days before our last cruise, my dh slipped on black ice, and wrenched his back. He was in a ton of pain. We had booked a strenuos (sea blaster) excursion about 3 months before online thru Carnival. I called the excursion dept., and asked if we could cancel, and /or switch to a less strenuos one, since we were in that "window". The woman first tried to talk me into leaving my dh on board, and going with my 2 dd's. When I refused, she said there would be a 20% cancellation fee, and that we would "lose" the price of one excursion due to that fee. When I expressed my shock, she put me on hold, came back on, and agreed to cancel everything with no fee. So I guess it depends who you talk to, which often is the case with Carnival - lol!

Hi all,

I booked a Dominica River Tubing Excursion with Carnival but found a more personal tour offered by another company for a better price. I tried canceling online, but the CONFIRM CHANGES button does not want to take the excursion off. I haven't hit the THREE DAY window (yet!) as it is still 4 days until I leave Puerto Rico on Sunday 3/16 at 10PM!

I also emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com as advised by the main carnival operator because the Excursions Office was closed. This will at least show receipt of my intent to cancel before the three day window closes!

Its five days according to my terms and conditions for the excursion I booked and I have a printed copy of it,but the cut off window is as little as 3 days on others.Your tour is probably a 5 day as well since it involves busses and guides,ect.

cancel on ship,but lose %25

Sixgun,

Thanks for your contact! I emailed her last night. When I didn't receive any answer this morning, I called Carnival.

I spoke with "Nelly" who asked her supervisor Correen Cartwright if they could give me a refund and they said NO! Basically, they said it was not their fault that my computer wasn't working because it was working for them! VERY FRUSTRATING. They said I MAY be able to get a refund on the ship, but didn't guarantee it and would probably be charged the 25% cancellation fee.

I then received a PHONE call from your contact! She confirmed that I could cancel NO PROBLEM and that she was sending the excursions a director an email explaining my situation. She also BCC-ed me!

Thanks for your help everyone! I saved a lot of money not going through the Carnival excursion!

Archived